Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 13, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #1,696 of 5,166
Interesting, as I personally don't want to go back to the days of packing around a phone and a DAP. I guess it is how you weigh convenience as opposed to ultimate fidelity. It could be that a manufacturer, such as Samsung or Motorola, could next year bring out phones with great DACs and sound. Not saying they will, just saying that we don't know what the future holds. It is too bad that phone reviews (and thus the people that read reviews) give little attention to high fidelity, but go on and on about cameras and the pictures they take. Right now, LG is all I need.
You are right. It can't be that hard. Onkyo did it for its first time and they made a decent smartphone with the best sound ever seen in one. Bigger and better screen in a slimmer frame, more and better updates, and cheaper accesories and you might have what (almost) all of us are talking about.

Aug 13, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #1,697 of 5,166
What would be smallest smartphone that got a decent output via headphone jack? Should have a decent camera and must be dual-sim.

Vivo xplay6

Aug 14, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #1,701 of 5,166
Sorry to ask this, have anyone tried these iem's to LG V30?

1. QDC Neptune
2. Magaosi K5
3. TFZ King Pro
4. TFZ Secret Garden
5. CA Comet

what iem above gives more volume output and best to pair with LG V30? considering they are Low and High Impedance..
( "i really want them loud sorry :frowning2: " )

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #1,703 of 5,166
Why there is no small and lightweight phone with 5" screen with near-flagship specs? :) Sony xperia xz2 compact seems to be the only choice. But it lacks headphone jack and it's too heavy. I believe it's quite a niche and a lot of people would like to buy such a phone considering it has a headphone jack, decent audio and camera.

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #1,704 of 5,166
Why there is no small and lightweight phone with 5" screen with near-flagship specs? :) Sony xperia xz2 compact seems to be the only choice. But it lacks headphone jack and it's too heavy. I believe it's quite a niche and a lot of people would like to buy such a phone considering it has a headphone jack, decent audio and camera.
Maybe an iphone with 3.5 mm back like the iphone 6s or SE. You can still get them new through Aliexpress and quite cheaper than the moment they were released.

Aug 14, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,705 of 5,166
ZTE Axon 7 Mini if you are prepare to go with 2016 device.

Aug 14, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #1,706 of 5,166
And most importantly - where is headphone jack?

The dongle quality is really good with low-impedance in-ear. Check the measurements on gsmarena and that of KENROCKWELL and you'll find out that iPhone, with a dongle, has one of the clearest audio among all smartphones (""""audiophiles"""" or not).

I'm using an iPhone 8 these days and I found audio quality to be better (to be more specific a lot cleaner) compared to HTC 10, a so called audiophile smartphone.

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #1,707 of 5,166
The dongle quality is really good with low-impedance in-ear. Check the measurements on gsmarena and that of KENROCKWELL and you'll find out that iPhone, with a dongle, has one of the clearest audio among all smartphones (""""audiophiles"""" or not).

I'm using an iPhone 8 these days and I found audio quality to be better (to be more specific a lot cleaner) compared to HTC 10, a so called audiophile smartphone.
GSMarena are not deinetely audio experts. It was said few times. HTC 10 is defo definetely audiophile smartohone, really not sure where you got that info from.

What I'm saying is, try few other phones, reocmended in this thread (or not) to see this.

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #1,708 of 5,166

IDK, I have a 6s which measured great on that site and a V20 (non b&o version) and after the first while I thought it's clear but lacking some vocal weight compared to my 6s... Then went back to the 6s and it was clear the V20 was the obvious winner.

Also the bass and treble is notably more defined on the V20 and reaches deeper. Just an all round better sounding device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back