Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 15, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,712 of 5,166
Even Nex S comes out, it is still hard to find xplay6 second hand. Grab it as you still can. You wont regret having this amazing 2016 phone still beasting a lot of phones these day.
Hey, i have just received my xplay 6 at Monday, this phone is AWESOME.
Best sound i have heard from phone in combination with my westone w60.
Very good camera and phone performance overall, nice qhd screen and battery life, face and fingerprint unlock.
So, thanks for advice, really best thing, that i have ever bought for 400$

Aug 15, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #1,713 of 5,166
Hey, i have just received my xplay 6 at Monday, this phone is AWESOME.
Best sound i have heard from phone in combination with my westone w60.
Very good camera and phone performance overall, nice qhd screen and battery life, face and fingerprint unlock.
So, thanks for advice, really best thing, that i have ever bought for 400$

Did you buy the 64GB or 128GGB version?
How do you find Funtouch OS?

So pissed: my phone fell on the screen (no tempered glass screen protector) at home, so I need a new phone asap

Aug 15, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #1,714 of 5,166
Did you buy the 64GB or 128GGB version?
How do you find Funtouch OS?

So pissed: my phone fell on the screen (no tempered glass screen protector) at home, so I need a new phone asap
64 gb enough for me, also because of it i haven't paid any taxes at customs.
When i have received it it had 6 android, after some OTA updates - it became 7.1. After it i have downloaded google play services from vivo store, downloaded google play from browser, installed all usual apps like facebook, instagram and was praying for push notifications to work, and they work. With latest update vivo has added face recognition to it, that works awesome, also it has some nice features like build in call recorder, screenshot maker(you can even record video), switching between full hd and qhd is nice too (to save battery when it is needed).
If you have more questions, feel free to ask :)

Aug 15, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #1,715 of 5,166
Xplay6 is expected to get android 8 soon.

Aug 15, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #1,716 of 5,166
It has Snapdragon 820 so it has to support APT-X. The LG V20 has the same processor and has it.
A7 mini has SD617

How is the quality of it's camera? BTW: I noted it doesn't support Bluetooth Apt-X?

I dunno about the camera on the A7mini, I've saved d that as you've asked for ~5 inch phone.
I have "full" A7, which has great sound, SD820 and can be bought cheap now (mini is even cheaper)
Camera on A7 is ok, not great but not bad, specially with custom ROM that uses Camera2api.

Aug 17, 2018 at 6:38 AM Post #1,718 of 5,166
While surfing , i found that Meitu phone have dedicated DAC :

Meitu.png

2017 devices have Sabre's .
2018 device ( T9 ) has AKM.

Some people have heard any of those ? Just for curiosity ...

Aug 19, 2018 at 3:39 AM Post #1,720 of 5,166
Hi everyone, I just ordered a Vivo Nex S. Reading the Google Docs tab I saw no information about this phone' sound quality, so I could help you once I'll receive it testing it versus my LG V20. I'm not an expert here, so I'll leave my feedback in this discussion when it'll be ready to share.

I'll receive the phone in about 2 weeks! UPDATE > https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...pdated-mar-2018.853115/page-116#post-14442847

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #1,721 of 5,166
My Nokia 8 landed yesterday and today I got the chance, to check out all of my IEMs. I have no problems with driving all of them, even the Havi B3 Pro1, that is the one, that needs the most power of my headphones, works very well. No strange noises, no problems. I don't have any special options for running inears and there is also no EQ, that works system-wide, but as I am no EQ user, I don't miss anything and if I'm going to use an EQ, it will run in VLC Player or ES Explorer. Maybe not the holy grail for audioaddicted persons, but it does what it should do, it has a ton of performance, it feels very nicely made, it isn't too big for my taste, so at all, I'm pretty happy. Also the camera isn't that bad, as you can read in a few tests and the system is up to date (running on a quiet stock-Android 8.1 with the August 2018 safety update) and will get Android 9 for sure. Not a bad deal, for below 300€ smartphones :)

Aug 21, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #1,722 of 5,166
My Nokia 8 landed yesterday and today I got the chance, to check out all of my IEMs. I have no problems with driving all of them, even the Havi B3 Pro1, that is the one, that needs the most power of my headphones, works very well. No strange noises, no problems. I don't have any special options for running inears and there is also no EQ, that works system-wide, but as I am no EQ user, I don't miss anything and if I'm going to use an EQ, it will run in VLC Player or ES Explorer. Maybe not the holy grail for audioaddicted persons, but it does what it should do, it has a ton of performance, it feels very nicely made, it isn't too big for my taste, so at all, I'm pretty happy. Also the camera isn't that bad, as you can read in a few tests and the system is up to date (running on a quiet stock-Android 8.1 with the August 2018 safety update) and will get Android 9 for sure. Not a bad deal, for below 300€ smartphones :)

LDAC capablity?

Aug 22, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #1,723 of 5,166
It can handle APTX, but just when you run in with Android Nougat, when you update it to Oreo, it won't work anymore and sadly they haven't found a way yet, to bring it back to life, as far as this thread goes:
https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000013570

Buuuuuut it seems that they will bring LDAC with Android P (as far as some beta tester are saying), APTX doesn't seem to work in the beta

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #1,724 of 5,166

Hello, just a heads up, please don't abuse the LCD. I was about to buy this one also since its already on my budget but they told me the real reason behind it. Image retention appears just like same issue with past LG series. Please do search.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back