Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Apr 29, 2020 at 10:43 AM Post #3,408 of 5,166
Hey. This is my first post here for ages. Im. Just wondering if you guys know if its possible to use a phone as a player instead of my laptop. What i want to be able to do is have my audio chain like this - smart phone... Schitt yggy dac.... Wa5.... Hd800. It wasnt possible years ago but maybe it is now?

Apr 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #3,410 of 5,166
Hey. This is my first post here for ages. Im. Just wondering if you guys know if its possible to use a phone as a player instead of my laptop. What i want to be able to do is have my audio chain like this - smart phone... Schitt yggy dac.... Wa5.... Hd800. It wasnt possible years ago but maybe it is now?

It is all dependent on dac compatibility.
I pretty sure portable type of dac can connect via smartphone but some desktop dac like audio-gd dac cannot.

Apr 29, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #3,411 of 5,166
Do you prefer dirac -enabled early firmware but no hires or later firmware that support direct hires output in mx4pro? I still cant decide lol. It is good that changing firmware in meizu is easy lol

Prefer Later FW.

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #3,412 of 5,166
Has anyone heard anything about the IPhone SE or the next generation of IPhone with regards to audio quality? I know that Apple is working on a pair of high-quality in-house headphones so it's possible that they may be investing more in audio quality this generation.

May 1, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #3,413 of 5,166
I am very pleased with the V40. I am currently exploring all possible music at TIDAL.
Some albums sound very good.
But my FLACs still sound much better through the UAPP app.

I have the same phone and looks like i will be keeping it awhile. *Anything* after this phone, LG f-ed things up one way or another. From V50 on DSD is converted to PCM, which is completely unacceptable as it negates the whole purpose of the format. And the V60? LG didn't pay for licensing of either MQA or DTS (that's why it's now labelled "LG 3D audio")--so it loses both those, and still converts the DSD audio. So it may have a spanking new ESS 9219 chip (finally!)...but LG disabled it's best features. They also made it a monstrous beast and like 800 lbs weight. To some what it does with DSD makes no difference, but nearly all my media is DSD from my disc collection, so that's a big bad deal!

Looks like the V40 is the best LG phone of the bunch for the audiophile. I finally got used to the size increase over the svelte V30 (it doesn't weigh a ridiculous amount more), but has the superior Meridian tuning over the V30, which makes a difference with quality headphones. Most importantly, it has all the goodies stripped off the latest model: true DTS sound, MQA hardware encoding for Tidal, and PURE DSD PLAYBACK!!

--------------------------------------------------------

From the UAPP developer himself...seems everything after the V40 converts now (V50/G8X/etc)--and MQA support was dropped with the V60.

V50: Includes MQA decoding. The V50 does not feature DoP. The LG Music app will convert DSD to 88200Hz PCM, whereas UAPP converts to 352800Hz PCM.

V60: V60 does *not* feature MQA or DoP encoding.
So, you suggest to get v40?

Which one - not v405ua, but v409n?

May 1, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #3,415 of 5,166
Or 405ebn?

Which is the difference of all these versions?

Dissapointed only 3300 mAh battery

May be better to get G8?

How is G8 about MQA,DoP DSD?

Been using the G8 for 3 months. Can't be happier for my listening. To my ears through UAPP, it sounds as good as IBasso DX220 with amp 8. Now I only use Westone ES60 which is very efficient.

I'd also consider G8x which has bigger battery and dual screen or V50. My minor issue with the G8 is battery. With medium to heavy use, you can't get through the day.

May 1, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #3,416 of 5,166
That is pretty much my concern why I recommend you to buy IEM, not headphone. cuz I am not quite sure for that moto.

However, I think superlux and m50x m40x is quite easy to drive even with phone.

grado and akg do need some more juices.

Check out BossHifi B8 and the luxury version SIVGA sv006. Great cans for little money based on Denon's 440 but improved. Wooden earcups.

May 1, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #3,417 of 5,166
It is ok now. I digged into very deep rabbit hole now.

May 2, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #3,418 of 5,166
Which phone you sugget to buy me then?

Whats the difference between lg g8, lg g8s, lg g8x and v40 in terms of sound quality and DoP DSD working?

If lg v40 - what the difference for 409n, 409 ebm , 405 model?

Models are really embarrasing, but i want to get the best possible for a sound quality!

Thanks

Waiting

May 2, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #3,419 of 5,166
What headphones do you have. You must have hi end phones to hear the difference.
The evidence tgat its dont have ess - in the lg us forum 3 days ago guy write that ue own.
And also write in google - v50 ess and then v60 ess
While you have an anounce for v50 from california ess news release, you dont have it for v60.

I have audiotechnika ATH ES10 (5HZ-40KHZ)
This headphones perfectly shows which is which.

So thy headphones that cost same price that v60 - and than you here it. The difference must be significant
LMAO at thinking you can hear up to 40khz. Those aren't even high end, FOH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back