Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Aug 25, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #2,701 of 5,166
MOTO G7 POWER audio music sound quality:

Headphone output:
FR = +/- 0.05%
Dynamic Range = 93.0dB
THD = 0.0065%
IMD+Noise = 0.072%
Noise = -93.1dB
Stereo Crosstalk = -68.4dB
Chip(?) = TFA98XX(?)
gsmarena_a001.png

SOUND REVIEW:
AUDIO QUALITY = ~3.75/5
- Slight bass boost/compression?
- Light background noise is audible (scales with volume level).
- Crackling when headphones first inserted.
- Overall, surprisingly full, rich sound!
- Lowest volume can be too loud; volume steps too big.
- Having to press volume button twice to change volume is annoying.
- Treble is not super refined/smooth. A tad on the bright/harsh side.
- Struggles to render very soft/quiet music; turns into noise.
- Quiet sounds and fine treble details get turned into static/noise.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #2,704 of 5,166
hello @artpiggo since I find the lg g7 to be quite underwhelming, should I try to get the vivo xplay6 instead? i find the g7 to be lacking in resolution and sub-bass. I remember you said the xplay6 to be more resolute, but I just dont want the treble to be fatiguing tho.

You shall buy it. It is a must to have tried it in smartphone journey.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #2,705 of 5,166
Is the Xplay 6 something similar to V30?
Want to just have a look around. :L3000:

Cheers Chris

Aug 26, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2,706 of 5,166
Is the Xplay 6 something similar to V30?
Want to just have a look around. :L3000:

Cheers Chris

Not similar. You need to try in once lifetime.

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #2,707 of 5,166
Not similar. You need to try in once lifetime.
Does the Xplay 6 have warm sound like the HTC 10? I am trying to find a phone that has similar warm and non fatiguing sound like my outdated HTC 10(IMO The best ever sounding DAC and amp,headphone jack combo in a phone).I just bought a LG G8 which i will be returning because the sound is fatiguing.I found it neutral with too much sound pressure on my ears with my Sennheiser momentum earphones.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,708 of 5,166
Does the Xplay 6 have warm sound like the HTC 10? I am trying to find a phone that has similar warm and non fatiguing sound like my outdated HTC 10(IMO The best ever sounding DAC and amp,headphone jack combo in a phone).I just bought a LG G8 which i will be returning because the sound is fatiguing.I found it neutral with too much sound pressure on my ears with my Sennheiser momentum earphones.

If you have the chance, give a try to Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (international version). It has very good warmish sound when power mode is on (a switch in the phone's settings). IMO is one of the most underrated phones and it almost stands my ES100. In fact, it is more musical. But keep in mind that I normally use low impedance gear, and although the little mono amp it has inside does its best, volume can be a problem when going beyond sensitivity 90s and impedance 32-36 ranges. More if you listen to it outside frequently or in noisy areas.
I use it as my daily DAP and I'm very satisfied.

EDIT: Of course if Xplay 6 is warm as well and you have the opportunity, get it. Did not listen to it, but for what I did read, it should sound better than Note 5.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #2,709 of 5,166

Xp6 is Warmish neutral while HTC10 is much darker. Xp6 is better in resolution, separation and 3D Stage without fatiguing out the treble.

No need to worry much, I swear it is a very great phone for its sound. I am sure you will be impressed.

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #2,711 of 5,166
No Xp7. They go on Nex series instead

Sep 6, 2019 at 11:59 PM Post #2,715 of 5,166
Heads up folks....upcoming Nex 3:

Hope the audio hardware is as good, if not bettee than the current Nex S

I will just wait for official spec. I have seen vivo thailand store plan to launch official as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back