Best Smartphone for audiophile Part II (Updated: Jan 2020)
Jul 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #2,671 of 5,166
does anyone know the output resistance of the Sony Xperia 1?
I can not find anything about it, even how good the Xperia 1 sounds compared to good LG smartphones or DAPs from FiiO or iBasso for example?

And which DAC audio chips are installed on the Sony?

It doesn't have a jack. Forget about Sony smartphones if audio is important. If you want a Sony buy a Sony dap :)

Jul 28, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #2,673 of 5,166
sony DAP? too high output impedance for Sony players, EU volume limit are not buying arguments.
Or are there now devices from Sony without these restrictions?

This is a thread about smartphones and your question was about Sony smartphones.

You can easily change the volume limit on Sony Daps but better ask about this in the dedicated threads. Never heard about high impedance in Sony daps but I have never owned one.

Aug 5, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #2,674 of 5,166
My lg g7 thinQ arrived couple of weeks ago, been testing it with all of my phones available. I was kinda underwhelmed at first, but after couple more days of use I'm starting to like it, sounded more crisp, wider and more detailed, than my zenfone, both have similar bass response, although I still like the smoother treble of my zenfone.

Btw guys does the aux and high impedance mode delivers better sound quality compared to normal mode or its just a boost in volume?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #2,675 of 5,166
My lg g7 thinQ arrived couple of weeks ago, been testing it with all of my phones available. I was kinda underwhelmed at first, but after couple more days of use I'm starting to like it, sounded more crisp, wider and more detailed, than my zenfone, both have similar bass response, although I still like the smoother treble of my zenfone.

Btw guys does the aux and high impedance mode delivers better sound quality compared to normal mode or its just a boost in volume?

It is not just about volume boosting. It is affecting frequency response too. You may like or not like it, you should try by yourself.

What earphone do you use with?

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:56 AM Post #2,676 of 5,166
It is not just about volume boosting. It is affecting frequency response too. You may like or not like it, you should try by yourself.

What earphone do you use with?

ah i see, guess ill buy those rexlis 90 degree adapter then to trick the lg ( https://sea-m.banggood.com/REXLIS-9...e-Audio-Adapter-p-1356553.html?_APPDRAINAGE=1 )

I have tested it on all of my earphones/headphones listed on my profile except for trn v80, zs3 and ms16 since i gave it away.

If I select the sharp digital filter, thats how my zenfone sounds like.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #2,677 of 5,166
Aug 5, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #2,678 of 5,166
Mostly dynamic driver I see. Then I think it will highly effected by aux mode.

The g7 sounded less organic compared to my zenfone, somewhat metallic, but it has a more textured low end and engaging. Btw does burn in process also apply to lg phones? I kinda hope so..

I have my hybrids toneking shockwave iii on the way today, will update after it arrives and brief testing.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #2,679 of 5,166
hey!

need your help plz,

my meizu mx4 pro go to hell and i couldnt make to fix it :frowning2:

so i search for dap..what you would recommand to me until 250$

i dont need tidal or any straming online

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #2,680 of 5,166
hey!

need your help plz,

my meizu mx4 pro go to hell and i couldnt make to fix it :frowning2:

so i search for dap..what you would recommand to me until 250$ ?

Fiio M series in the budget ?

Aug 5, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #2,682 of 5,166
i think yep...Which model? it will More quality than mx4 pro?

i dont need any tidal or streaming online

Can you try DX120? A bit stretching budget ($299). It worth upgrade.

Aug 6, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #2,684 of 5,166
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. An enthousiast music lover, I have the new Technics stereo and Piega speakers for my music enjoyment at home.
I'd like to also have a good, portable music setup. I use my smartphone (Samsung S10e with 1More Quad Driver iem) and get decent sound. My music collection contains many hi-res files (24-48 and upwards).
But I'm wondering if I can bring my music experience to the next level. Cash to spend: around 1K euro/dollar (dap/dac with iem).

I'm listening to many genres, though mostly classical and (during my hikes) heavy metal.

I almost decided on the FiiO M11 with an Etymotic ER4-SR iem. But I am an avid walker (10km is a short walk for me), and I wonder if the M11 is portable enough: it looks like a large device. And I have to carry my smartphone and a dap.
I have the advice to buy an iBasso 220dx with better iem, but the money for that purchase is not available at the moment.

I've read about dac's and I'm curious whether a S10e with a good dac and iem delivers the same result. That would be great - much more portable than a dedicated dap. One website says a dac only gives more power, the other says it gives much better sound. I don't need more power per se: I'm looking for a wider soundstage, the bass with a bit more oempf and the highs (much) clearer than I have now).

I'm also interested if you know a smartphone which has such a great dac that a seperate dac or dap is not necessary. My wife's smartphone is old, so she can have the S10e.

I'm curious about your experiences and if you can make recommendations!

Aug 6, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #2,685 of 5,166
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. An enthousiast music lover, I have the new Technics stereo and Piega speakers for my music enjoyment at home.
I'd like to also have a good, portable music setup. I use my smartphone (Samsung S10e with 1More Quad Driver iem) and get decent sound. My music collection contains many hi-res files (24-48 and upwards).
But I'm wondering if I can bring my music experience to the next level. Cash to spend: around 1K euro/dollar (dap/dac with iem).

I'm listening to many genres, though mostly classical and (during my hikes) heavy metal.

I almost decided on the FiiO M11 with an Etymotic ER4-SR iem. But I am an avid walker (10km is a short walk for me), and I wonder if the M11 is portable enough: it looks like a large device. And I have to carry my smartphone and a dap.
I have the advice to buy an iBasso 220dx with better iem, but the money for that purchase is not available at the moment.

I've read about dac's and I'm curious whether a S10e with a good dac and iem delivers the same result. That would be great - much more portable than a dedicated dap. One website says a dac only gives more power, the other says it gives much better sound. I don't need more power per se: I'm looking for a wider soundstage, the bass with a bit more oempf and the highs (much) clearer than I have now).

I'm also interested if you know a smartphone which has such a great dac that a seperate dac or dap is not necessary. My wife's smartphone is old, so she can have the S10e.

I'm curious about your experiences and if you can make recommendations!

Would you consider buying lg v50 and tanchjim oxygen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back