Best Rootbeer
Dec 28, 2002 at 7:43 AM Post #31 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by BoardC3
This is kinda changing the subject but is anyone else here hooked on Jones soda?

COOL!!! Jones soda is half inside Vancouver, BC!!! (the other half being in Seattle, WA.....dont know how that works).

meh i just get patriotic about being canadian sometimes
cool.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 8:17 AM Post #32 of 114
Without question: Henry Weinhard's
I like others when I have them but to me when I drink others I just think "yum: rootbeer" whereas Weinhard's makes me look at the mug or bottle and say "Well gawdDAMN! Now THIS's what rootbeer's s'posed to be like!"

Dec 29, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #34 of 114
I gotta add Stewart's to that list.The brew is a nice, traditionally smooth brew with a very frothy head and nice sweetness with very good after taste.

Dec 29, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #35 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I gotta add Stewart's to that list.The brew is a nice, traditionally smooth brew with a very frothy head and nice sweetness with very good after taste.

I just tried some today. It is my current favorite. I'm getting some that were mentioned here from the Pop Shop. My daughter is loving this rootbeer thing.

Dec 29, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #36 of 114
Lex, what do you have in your house right now? I'll try to bring some new ones by tomorrow. I love Weinhard's and Stewart as well, but I'd love to try some new ones.

Dec 29, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #37 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by grancasa
Lex, what do you have in your house right now? I'll try to bring some new ones by tomorrow. I love Weinhard's and Stewart as well, but I'd love to try some new ones.

Right now some Stuarts, IBC and Natural Draft.

Dec 29, 2002 at 10:33 AM Post #38 of 114
<brag>

I went to a friend's tonight to watch Godfather II on his projector. I'm home now, enjoying a cold frothy bottle of Henry Weinhard's with my HD600, Prehead and modded XA777 pouding through the remastered version of Deep Purple's Machine Head. It's almost enough to convince me life doesn't suck for a moment.

</brag>

Dec 29, 2002 at 11:25 AM Post #39 of 114
I haven't had a Weinhard rootbeer in a while now, but last time I had one I remember thinking it wasn't all that. I think I prefer A&W there. Weinhard's claim to fame IMO is his creme soda.

1. A&W
2. Weinhard
3. Mug

Dec 29, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #40 of 114
Hooray! Tuberoller mentioned Virgil's!! Virgil's Root Beer is incredible - all of you owe it to yourselves to grab a bottle or two and give it a try. It is all natural - I usually find it at health food stores or some grocery stores that have a large selection of organic foods/health foods. I've had Weinhard's, but I'm going to stick with Virgils
tongue.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 12:02 AM Post #42 of 114
lex - have you tried a float with A&W + ben & jerrys vanilla? Good stuff. I remember having it right before I got hammered and when I woke up, I craved some more, lol.

None of you have tried Hank's root beer? I thought of it as a good balance between sweetness and spice with the right amount of cream, unlike others which leans one way or another. I've no idea where to get more though, I've only had it in Chicago. Fred I'm surprised you didn't mention it.

Dec 30, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #44 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I hate you guys
evil_smiley.gif
Now you're Root Beer Lovers?

Ok ,since we're on the subject

1. Goose Island

2.Bergoff's

3.Henry Wienhard's

4.Virgil's

5.Rat person

Goose Island and Bergoff's, somebody's a Chicago boy
biggrin.gif
. My fav is Henry Wienhard's and then comes Bergoff's in my book. I haven't had a Goose recently enough to give it a ranking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back