Best Rootbeer
Jun 22, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #106 of 114
I think Barq's and A&W are alright, given the huge volumes they're made in.

As far as smaller companies brew goes, I like Jones Soda, Sprecher, and Stevens Point Brewery's rootbear.

IMO, IBC and Virgil's are nasty swill.

Jun 22, 2007 at 12:50 AM Post #108 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Jungle Jim store is a world ethnic store. Besides having the typical staples, they get foods from around the world. It's the most diverse store I have ever been in. The cool thing is their cooking classes. They also have a very good selection of beer, wine, produce and fish.

Sorry to go off topic, but it's the coolest store I've ever been to and I'm well traveled. Almost every country has at least part of an aisle if not all of it, never seen anything like it. The only thing I truly miss since moving from Cincinnati (besides my friends). Worth a visit.

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #109 of 114
I prefer A&Ws, however, have you ever tried drinking a lot of root beer and gotten that taste in your mouth that now completely alters your ability to taste anything and makes the root beer taste aweful? After oh 50-64 oz is when I notice it, so perhaps no what with the coma inducing volumes but anyone else notice that?

Jun 22, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #111 of 114
I personally like A&W.

I haven't tried all the other fine ones but I will someday!

The first one on my list seems to be IBC. It's at my grocery store so thats good! What does it taste like?

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #112 of 114
While some fancy brands taste loads better than A&W out of a bottle...A&W from draft wins hands down. Some of the best rootbeer I've ever tasted, hands down...so dang rich and creamy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #113 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChickenGod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally like A&W.

I haven't tried all the other fine ones but I will someday!

The first one on my list seems to be IBC. It's at my grocery store so thats good! What does it taste like?

Chicken
tongue.gif
OK, root beer.

Go to your grocery, get one of each and let us know which tastes best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back