Best Rootbeer
Dec 28, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #18 of 114
1. Henry Weinhard - This is my favorite but not very traditional. It's more of a creamy Root Beer.

2. Americana - This is more traditional and my favorite of that type.

3. Berghoff's
4. Virgil's
5. Thomas Kemper

I'm taking notes on this thread. I'll try to find the ones I haven't had before.

Dec 28, 2002 at 5:55 AM Post #19 of 114
not rootbeer but anyone in the southwest should try as hard as possible to find Blue Sky sodas. most of them are organic and contain no chemicals.

they absolutely knock my socks off. their black cherry tastes like you are eating fresh cherries. its quite superb. i can't remember how their rootbeer is but i'll hafta get one next time im out and about.

Blue Sky is based in Santa Fe, NM. i grew up with the stuff at a bible camp in Blue Haven NM just an hours drive from SantaFe.

they've finally made it to oklahoma city where i can buy it all the time.

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:04 AM Post #20 of 114
This is kinda changing the subject but is anyone else here hooked on Jones soda? Its a pretty small company i think that makes a bunch of unusual flavored sodas. My FAVORITE soda is definitely Jones Berry Lemonade, which is a blueberry/lemonade carbonated thing. Ive had about 5 friends of mine try it all of them love it also but ive tried 2 other flavors and they were both really bad. just wondering if anyone else here has had it?

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:11 AM Post #21 of 114
I am right in the middle of boiling some ingredients for my home brews so I gotta make this quick.

I have tried a lot of brews and some are really good and others are really bad.There seems to be little middle ground with me.I have tried Root Beer from all over the world.I just got a few bottles of Jamaican and Mexican Root Beers and I have a few bottles guys have sent me from their own breweries(that still sounds so cool!!!) that I am not yet brave enough to try.

I like the brews that are a nice blend of sweetness and spicyness.I also love a nice frothy head and a creamy texture.This is what I will be shooting for with my brews,I have six different recipes going right now.Five of them are published and the sixth is of my own design.I'll report back later.

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #22 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller

your usertext is off the charts
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:14 AM Post #23 of 114
hey tube, just remember you have a firefightin brother living not to far north of you, and he would be willing to give a truely objective opinion on your homebrews.... hint...... hint......

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:26 AM Post #24 of 114
I just got an idea...

In addition to having headphones at meets, let's bring some rootbeer. I'll be at chicago 2k3, i'd be glad to pick up a case of sprecher to pass around. I used to be able to get it in bulk for about 40 cents a bottle, but i doubt i can anymore. Regardless, i could try and track some down if the intrest is there.

You guys want a case for the chicago meet?

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:29 AM Post #25 of 114
A&W, without question. You might as well throw some vanilla ice cream in it too. Mmmmmm, root beer floats.
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:35 AM Post #26 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
I just got an idea...

In addition to having headphones at meets, let's bring some rootbeer. I'll be at chicago 2k3, i'd be glad to pick up a case of sprecher to pass around. I used to be able to get it in bulk for about 40 cents a bottle, but i doubt i can anymore. Regardless, i could try and track some down if the intrest is there.

You guys want a case for the chicago meet?

I'd be glad to do a trade for a case of Goose Island or anything else I can get my hands on.

If you are gonna make it to the Chicago meet please bring a case.

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:38 AM Post #27 of 114
What exactly is the date on the chicago meeting? I probably can get a case, but getting a ride there might be the hard part.

Any other people from milwaukee going?

I suppose i could take the train, but if i brought that and my melos, my hands would certaintly be pretty full

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #28 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Ebonyks
What exactly is the date on the chicago meeting? I probably can get a case, but getting a ride there might be the hard part.

Any other people from milwaukee going?

I suppose i could take the train, but if i brought that and my melos, my hands would certaintly be pretty full

It will be in april.Details are still being worked out but we did have one attendee from Madison,ShenanayC who is a very,very nice lady.If you do take the train, someone will pick you up for sure.If you want to do a trade before then,I'm game.You have my mouth watering for the Spercher now.

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #29 of 114
Tomorrow I'm going to go to some local stores and see how many different kinds of rootbeer I can buy and try. I'm sitting hear at home from college with nothing to do, and there are worse ways to spend a few hours. I'll report back on what I find and which I like the best (whether or not anyone cares).
tongue.gif

Dec 28, 2002 at 6:43 AM Post #30 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Tomorrow I'm going to go to some local stores and see how many different kinds of rootbeer I can buy. I'm sitting hear at home from college with nothing to do. There are worse ways to spend a few hours. I'll report back on what I find and which I like the best (whether or not anyone cares).
tongue.gif

Root Beer taste tests are getting very popular and Soldiers have been holding some of the better ones and posting the results to various sites.I would love to read your results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back