Best Rootbeer
Dec 30, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #46 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by lextek
Hey that was me. You were still signed on at my house.
cool.gif

What is this? Party at lextek's and we weren't invited?

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #48 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
None of you have tried Hank's root beer?

I've had Hank's Root Beer. It's good, but their cream soda is the best.

Dec 30, 2002 at 2:39 PM Post #49 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
What is this? Party at lextek's and we weren't invited?

Yeah, its always a party over at Lextek's! Once his Melos comes in the serious listening can begin.

Dec 30, 2002 at 6:10 PM Post #50 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
A question: how do I try all of these wonderous rootbeers? I take it most of these are only local/regional?

Jog on over to popsoda and you can get a lot of different pop. The Dublin Dr. Pepper is definitely worth a go in my opinion. The cost of the pop is fair but it costs almost as much as the pop itself to ship but if your that fanatic about sugary caffeinated drinks (like me) you won't mind ordering a small batch now and then.

I tried Moxie over the summer and what I heard about it was correct, has an aftertaste reminiscent of asphalt but for some reason I keep ordering a bottle of it, gotta help my liver
rolleyes.gif

Dec 31, 2002 at 3:32 PM Post #51 of 114
Well, guys,

I've become something of a root beer conessiour lately. I'm sorry to say I haven't had the pleasure of tasting some of the brews mentioned (Weinhard, Goose Island, Bergoff's--anybody know where to get these in the Dallas area?), but here are my current favorites:

1. Boylan (pure cane sugar--and VERY smooth)
2. Root 66 (I just recently tried it--also pure cane sugar)
3. Stewart's (corn syrup, but they use real root extract)
4. Health Valley (all natural ingredients-available at Whole Foods)

None of the readily available brands compare to the above, IMO (A&W, Barq's, IBC).

Although I've found these great root beers to be the perfect choice at times, Dublin Dr. Pepper is still my favorite soda.
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2002 at 4:55 PM Post #52 of 114
Quote:

Originally posted by dparrish
I haven't had the pleasure of tasting some of the brews mentioned (Weinhard, Goose Island, Bergoff's--anybody know where to get these in the Dallas area?)

Ifs, Ands, and Butts
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

, but here are my current favorites:

1. Boylan (pure cane sugar--and VERY smooth)
2. Root 66 (I just recently tried it--also pure cane sugar)
3. Stewart's (corn syrup, but they use real root extract)
4. Health Valley (all natural ingredients-available at Whole Foods)

I haven't had Health Valley yet, I'll try that. All of the ones I listed were of course pure cane sugar. If you like Boylan's Root Beer, you must try their Creamy Red Birch Beer which is one of my favorite sodas. Their Black Cherry is awesome, too.
\

Dec 31, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #53 of 114
Quote:

Ifs, Ands, and Butts

Just made a trip there today, finally! Bought a Virgil's and Americana, as well as a Holland Coke. I'll let you know what I think after a couple of days. Such hard work we root beer officianados must suffer for the cause
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:24 AM Post #55 of 114
I found Sprecher's in 16oz bottles right around the corner from my house.It is certainly one of my favorites and has a super smooth taste.The Wisconsin Honey is the trick.It has a truly unique taste and should be tried by anyone who can get their hands on a bottle.

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:14 PM Post #57 of 114
As I'm sitting here now enjoying another batch of my as yet unperfected Home-brew,I feel the need to offer some tips for maximum enjoyment of your Root Beer.

1.Never,ever drink Root Beer over Ice.This is blasphemy.

2.Drink from a frosted mug-Frost mug by placing in freezer for about 20 minutes,removing and lightly coating the interior with cold water and replacing in fridge for 5 minutes or so.this will assure a frothy,long lasting head.

3.Chill Root Beer for a few hours before drinking.

4.Never allow Brewed Root Beers to rewarm after being chilled.

5.When pouring into a frosted mug,biggest frothiest(is that a word?) head is obtained by tilting mug and pouring brew to rear of the mug,building the head as you pour without pouring through it.This will give a great head that will last to the bottom of the glass.

6.When making Root Beer floats,use only the best vanilla ice cream,such as Ben and Jerry's or Breyer's.Root Beer that is slighty warm seems to offer the best float heads and a float glass is mandatory.Never use a straw,this too is blasphemy.

7.Share your Root Beer.I find few better pleasures than watching my rugrats lick off a "Root Beer Mustache".I also love to trade local brews with other Root Beer lovers and will be sending out my homebrew when I get it the way I want.

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #58 of 114
Born2bwire: This is not good. I good easily spend so much at popsoda, its not even funny. . . it couldn't hurt, right? I mean, I'd spend just a little bit. . . and it would be great to drink some good rootbeer while listening to music!

Jan 1, 2003 at 6:57 PM Post #60 of 114
Damn, I'm about to go out to the supermarket and buy some vanilla icecream and whatever quality rootbeer I can find. Then I plan to listen to music. The ideas I get from you guys. . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back