Best looking tube amp
Jul 26, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #1,456 of 1,828
Also, with the larger tubes, it looks like it *might* benefit from having or adding larger caps.
Im talking about those nice gold caps on each side.
wink.gif

oups my engineering hability stop at the replacement caps
redface.gif
i will not dare to do that
frown.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #1,461 of 1,828
Thanks, but are there any that are under $thousands? I got the Schiit Valhalla2 for just $350 when if it was from a retailer it would be around $700 from what Schiit explained in some blogs kinda

If you're willing to go with high efficiency speakers, and let's face it with sub $1,000 tube amps you better be, Musical Paradise makes nice tube speaker amps. One of them, the MP-301, even makes a pretty nice headphone amp with the right tubes.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #1,465 of 1,828
Thank you

If you're interested in an Asian-made amplifier, ebay is full of them. Have a look. It's just that you were asking for a good tube amplifier. Quality transformers, alone, cost more than some of the amplifiers in the line. As for high-sensitivity speakers, if you want quality sound, be ready to lay out a few more shekels. Virtually anything can make a sound, but it doesn't seem like that's what you're looking for. A very sensitive whizzer cone driver can be had for for less than $20. A good one, hundreds, if not thousands. Really good one, tens of thousands. That's just a driver. Do yourself a favor; buy something good and cry once. Good luck.

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #1,467 of 1,828

Little Dot MK8se in supermod thread...

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #1,468 of 1,828
^

That amp is so insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back