Best looking tube amp
Mar 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #811 of 1,830
dt880smile.png
  How much??

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #812 of 1,830
After seeing all this exotic / ultra cool / uber / over the top stuff.. does cute count??
Listening to this little puppy right now..

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #813 of 1,830
A class D tube headphone amp? Can't say I've heard one of those... Looks cool :)

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #814 of 1,830
Actually, it's two pieces joined. Yo can see that in the first picture .. Top is a Tube preamp and HP amp.. it's rated as 3wpc at 33 ohms (no kidding) .. bottom is a Class D 15wpc amplifier to drive speakers.  I though that it might be great for a desktop system. The second picture is an upcoming tube pre & HP amp only.

Mar 30, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #815 of 1,830

Quote:
After seeing all this exotic / ultra cool / uber / over the top stuff.. does cute count??
Listening to this little puppy right now..

love it!  such a nice style

Mar 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #816 of 1,830
Actually, it's two pieces joined. Yo can see that in the first picture .. Top is a Tube preamp and HP amp.. it's rated as 3wpc at 33 ohms (no kidding) .. bottom is a Class D 15wpc amplifier to drive speakers.  I though that it might be great for a desktop system. The second picture is an upcoming tube pre & HP amp only.

Hmm, a mini HE-6 tube amp, perhaps?

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #818 of 1,830
If the HE-6 is no harder to drive than the Senn HD-650's, then maybe.  It drives the 650's to moderate/mildy loud levels quite nicely, especially nice for long listening sessions.  It will not make them bounce off your head.

Quote:
Hmm, a mini HE-6 tube amp, perhaps?

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #819 of 1,830
I think he's referring to the 15w amp for the he-6.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #820 of 1,830
Quote:
If the HE-6 is no harder to drive than the Senn HD-650's, then maybe.

The HE-6 is significantly harder to drive than the HD650. For the same SPL, it needs 4 times as much or more voltage, about 30 times as much current, and more than 100 times as much power.

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #821 of 1,830
The HE-6 is significantly harder to drive than the HD650. For the same SPL, it needs 4 times as much or more voltage, about 30 times as much current, and more than 100 times as much power.

1.21 Jiggawatts!

Mar 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #822 of 1,830
Mar 31, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #823 of 1,830
That’s tremendous!!! This should fully satisfy the most sybarite audiophyle requirements!!

What is the recommended burn-in time for the bolted handcrafted volume knob? There are the Silver Rock Signature Wood volume knobs that cost around $500, but they need at least 45 years of burn time (in a contained environment that protects the natural growing of micro-organisms at the wood) in order to perceive all the opening nuances and free flowing with improvement in resolution, better dynamics, and overall naturalness from the micro-vibrations of the wood.
This direct bolted knob thing looks superior than the wooden knob, because it will theoretically damper all the nasty vibrations by turning the complete chassis of the amplifier and everything.

ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
 ​
found on ebay...​
 ​
 ​
[size=small] [size=x-large]Welcome to the auction for my beloved Audio Stoat 01 integrated "amplifier."[/size]

Audio Stoat may be a new name to many, but in audiophile circles the name is already causing something of a rustle. 

The "amplifier" is "carefully" hand built in rural Brittany, France by experienced artisans and the quality of this unit shines out from the crowd like a glimmering beacon of aural hope in a sea of audio detritus.

Lavishly constructed from a cardboard box the "amplifier" is veneered in a *prime finish which is usually 75pence extra over the normal price of the amplifier and, put quite simply, it exudes quality, luxury and exclusivity rarely seen in an amplifier at this price point.

In short every expense has been spared and no attention to detail has been taken, resulting in a true highish fidelity product with real pride of ownership value if you like that kind of thing. The "amplifier" is sure to take pride of place on the new owner's hi-fi rack!
[/size]

[size=small]Technical Gubbins

The "amplifier" boasts an enviable zero feedback circuit resulting in impressive zero distortion - not many hifi amplifiers on the market can boast figures as good as these!

Output would be a healthy 60w if it worked and the **BOS output "valves" are at least 50% guaranteed Morissons own brand, with markings still clearly visible on one of the tubes.

In its present configuration the amplifier boasts a huge zero watts per channel but can be reconfigured to deliver an even more impressive nowt in ***PPPPS configuration.

The "volume" knob is handcrafted using reclaimed materials which of course should ensure that the green credentials of this "amplifier" are beyond reproach and it is bolted onto the chassis so it turns and everything.

Inside the chassis everything has been left to chance and every component is of the very highest quality. High quality audiophile products such as a metal nut and bolt have been used.

*Packing Tape Brown
**Broken Old Stock
***Push Push Push Pull Shove
[/size]
[size=small] Anything made from the sale of this unique piece of hifi audio history over and above the postage costs will be given to a UK chariddy after payment has been received!
 The Chariddy I have chosen doesn't seem overly bothered when i spoke to them, so I will choose another when the auction ends and send them the dosh. Suggestions welcome!
[/size]

[size=small] Audio Stoat have secured a world first review of the Audio Stoat 01 amplifier with Hifi Pig ("snoofling out what's hot in Hifi")
on the 1st of April

[/size]
[size=small] The unit has no plug and no attempt should be made to connect it to the mains or any other source of electricity as this will result in death if not something much worse!! Anyway plugging it in to anything would be downright stupid!!! Don't do it!![/size]

[size=small]We cannot guarantee that the "valves" won't be smashed to bits but we'll pack them as best we can.

COMING SOON -THE AUDIO STOAT DAC
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back