Best looking tube amp
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #781 of 1,830
The best tube amps are amps where you cant see the tubes ! Head-Fiers under, say, 35 may not appreciate just how gorgeous  these images are. but they evoke a simpler time for some of us old codgers. 

I give you Cayin's pre/power combo:

[size=10pt] [size=10pt][/size]
 [/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt] Pre Amplifier Cayin SP-30S: Magic Tube[/size]
[size=10pt]
Cayin_SP-30S.jpg
Besides using the integrated amplifier SP-10A that was praised by the press, you can build up a more flexible system with the separate pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S. So you keep all benefits of the traditional style in sound and design, but can drive more critical speakers with more power than the main amp Cayin SP-40M is capable. The pre amp can be controlled with the very attractive system remote made of aluminium and wood to reflect the design of the whole SP range. The sound is as classical as the retro look – a well-balanced reminiscence to the golden age of Hi-Fi.[/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt] [size=10pt][/size]
 [/size]

[size=10pt] Power Amplifier Cayin SP-40M: Woodstock reloaded[/size]
[size=10pt]
Cayin_SP-40M.jpg
This power amp matches the pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S from the concept and design. If you think you need more power or flexibility than our integrated amp can provide, you should have a close look at that one: it boosts 40 watts x 2, which is more than sufficient to drive most speakers. This power output is archived by a larger mains transformer and a combination of four KT88-EH, one 12AX7 and two 12AU7 valves. The whole design is simple, but straight: the 20-kilo component is available with different wooden cabinets accompanied by a heavy aluminium front. The sound reflects the classical appearance of the SP series and reminds of a time when valve components weren’t analytical at all.[/size]

[size=10pt]  [/size]
[size=10pt]  [/size]

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #793 of 1,830
Right. I don't expect MUCH when it comes to typography and graphics from these companies but... occasionally, it's like a poke in the eye.
I wish Eddie Current had some stronger product designers and graphic appliqués. The WWII look is cute for a minute and then gets very tired.

Quote:
There generally is a tradition of using un-classy font when it comes to tube-amplifiers. The producer do not spent too much money on graphic designers... They do most themselves, I guess

Mar 25, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #795 of 1,830

Strange ting is, I'm getting kind of fond of these "unclassy" logos. Cary audio is gonna launch a new logo, and it made me sad. Two years ago I used to think their present logo was hilarious. But the Red font on Xciter amp and dac is still very very unaesthetic..

Quote:
Right. I don't expect MUCH when it comes to typography and graphics from these companies but... occasionally, it's like a poke in the eye.
I wish Eddie Current had some stronger product designers and graphic appliqués. The WWII look is cute for a minute and then gets very tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back