Best IEM's for bass please
Feb 20, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #61 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hippo VB's

The bass is adjustable, comes with 3 sets of small discs you screw on the end of the IEM, each set give you a different type of sound from lean and analytical to balanced to mega bass mode. I use the middle one it gives good bass while still keeping the mids and highs clean.

You mean clean from bass invasion, right? Because treble on these is anything but clean, it's in fact rather coarse. Granted, they are much cheaper than the IE8 and bass is really good, but as far as highs are concerned they're far from the IE8.

Feb 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #62 of 104
I would go for Sennheiser IE7's as I tried Klipsch, but was not impressed with their audio. I bought the IE7's for around AU$450, not cheap by any means but their audio quality and bass is simply amazing and ultra clear after about 200 hours of burn-in time. I didnt want to pay any more as they are only used for an iPod / iPhone and laptop - so not really high quality audio source. The IE8's are the best, but way too expensive. You need your own security guard to stop people stealing them
smily_headphones1.gif
lol.

Feb 20, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #64 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean clean from bass invasion, right? Because treble on these is anything but clean, it's in fact rather coarse. Granted, they are much cheaper than the IE8 and bass is really good, but as far as highs are concerned they're far from the IE8.

Once burned in the treble is anything but coarse or harsh to my ears. Out of the box it was harsh I will agree with that but after 100HRS of burn in with actual music they are almost smooth in the mids and treble range they sound alot more laid back than out of the box and yes they are also free of any bass invasion or mid range bass hump.

Feb 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM Post #66 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once burned in the treble is anything but coarse or harsh to my ears. Out of the box it was harsh I will agree with that but after 100HRS of burn in with actual music they are almost smooth in the mids and treble range they sound alot more laid back than out of the box and yes they are also free of any bass invasion or mid range bass hump.

Ok, the ones I borrowed from dfkt have about 40hrs playtime and are considerably harsh to my ears. I'm always a bit sceptical about long term burn-in effects because I've never noticed much difference myself, but if you say so...

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #67 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, the ones I borrowed from dfkt have about 40hrs playtime and are considerably harsh to my ears. I'm always a bit sceptical about long term burn-in effects because I've never noticed much difference myself, but if you say so...

That is exactly what I experienced after a long amount of burn in, even during half way through the burn-in in they sounded better but still a little harsh for me they dramatically changed from 50-100 hrs

Feb 21, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #68 of 104
In a contest of pure SQ, the Monster Turbine Pro and the IE8, which one do you guys prefer? Providing that they're both bass monsters....

I'm considering a new IEM for hip hop & rn'b.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #69 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very confused now. I want bass but don't want my head blown off; this is the impression get from the IE8's. I haven't listened to music for 3 weeks at least now. I need some earphones badly.

The bass on IE8 is not like UE5EB(very heavy bass) but clean and sound very good with bass heavy genres and it's (bass) blend with other frequencies well. So overall IE8 is very engaging, airy and clean with warmth.
I also recommend JVC FX500( or new FX700) it's bass goes really deep and reverb not punchy as some other IEMs include IE8. The mids and highs are clean detailed with really wide soundstage.

Feb 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #70 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobiee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH CKS70

denon c710

ie8

tried these 3

all have nice bass =/

Concur.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 21, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #71 of 104
Has anyone here listened to the Thinksound Thunders? If so, how does it rank in regards to bass quality/quantity/extension?

I was thinking about picking up a pair for casual use (I'll use my RE0s when I want a more neutral, balanced and clear sound)

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #75 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i gave in today and bought the monster turbine golds....from reviews the bass is clean and amazing...

I agree....based on my experience, the bass is the best of any...yes ANY iem, if you're looking for a little extra oomph. And quicker and Cleaner then the usual suspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back