Best IEM's for bass please
Feb 18, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #33 of 104
Single driver=turbine pro...so are the ie8. Both have great bass, the pro gold is being sold on amazon for just over 200, the number of drivers is not something to be concerned about. You want bass? The turbine pro gold is a bit faster than the ie8.
Deeper as well, the ie8 has thicker midbass.

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #34 of 104
I just got custom tips with my IE8s from listenhear/Starkey. It's the only way I can get a real good seal, and the bass is frankly ridiculous for anything other than dubstep. I'm trying it with the bass set to minimum now, and it seems more reasonable for other genres.

Feb 19, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #35 of 104
Lucozade... Everyone seems to be a fan of the IE8's. I look forward to having to rip all of my cds again. It seems i've opened a massive can of muddled worms, i should've just stuck with the Westone UM2's instead of clicking all the links to other IEM's.[/QUOTE]

it depends on what music im listening to, but if its some thing bassy like the hendrix experience or free,and i wanted to really enjoy big powerfull bass notes, out of the phones that i have ,se420,ie7,tf10,ie8,se530,kc3,w3 i think i would pick up westone3 or klipsch custom 3 or ie8 in that order, ie8 bass is big and powerfull but its unbalanced unamped, to much upper bass which colours the vocals, ive eliminated the upper bass hump with the opamp combination i use in my p3+ which results in the vocals sounding the way they should sound, the bass response that remains is still good but not as big or bold or punchy as that of w3 or kc3
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #37 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser IE8, UE5EB, ATH-CKS70, JVC FX500, FX700, Denon C710, Tour, Turbine, IE7, Image X10 and Klipsch Custom 3..........

great list! im planning to buy a Denon C710
smile.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #38 of 104
I've owned/still own the following:

SE310 (sold)
SE530
W3
IE8
UE10 (sold)
ER-4P (sold)
RE0

The best bass is the IE8, very closely followed by the W3s...then a wide margin to the SE530s/UE10s, then it just drops off from there.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #39 of 104
HiFiMAN RE1s have great bass and good overall fidelity if you amp them, at the right price; those Hippo V8s sound like they're worth checking out as well. I own the RE1s, never heard the Hippos
redface.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #40 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IE8 if your budget goes there, denon C751 or C710 if not

From what I have read, x2
L3000.gif
Also, among the budget choices there's the CKS70 like many have recommended.And just FYI, here are the lowest prices from my 1 minute search (I'm pretty sure you could find a lower one if you spend more time than I did
wink.gif
)

C751: http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?i...AHC751K&l=CNET
CKS70: http://www.accessoryjack.com/-strse-...mic/Detail.bok

Also, dont forget the S4 and the Monster Turbine
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #41 of 104
If you really need a microphone for your iPhone, the X10i fits the bill. I'm seriously thinking of picking those up since I'd like a headphone with nice strong bass, but at the same time has details when I occasionally listen to classical and jazz music. While IE8s are nice, they are hideously expensive, and I completely missed out on getting them half @ MacWord.
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #42 of 104
Fischer Audio Eterna for under US$70 if you can find it
It's over-the-ear, warmer and more bass quantity than Turbine. Don't know how it compares with IE8.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #43 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a pair of IEM's for my iphone. I'm mainly listening to music dominated by bass (dance, electronica, dubstep etc) and need some advice on which set to buy. I've been looking at westone UM2's, Etymotic hf2/5's, Jay q-Jays to name a couple.

Can anybody recommend which are best suited or anything different?

I spend 80% of my time listening to drumnbass & dubstep on my Sony X, and am very happy with my Atrio M5 v2s.

q-Jays - don't waste your time.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #44 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for a pair of IEM's for my iphone. I'm mainly listening to music dominated by bass (dance, electronica, dubstep etc) and need some advice on which set to buy. I've been looking at westone UM2's, Etymotic hf2/5's, Jay q-Jays to name a couple.

Can anybody recommend which are best suited or anything different?

I spend 80% of my time listening to drumnbass & dubstep on my Sony X, and am very happy with my Atrio M5 v2s. They'll set you back £85 from handheldaudio.co.uk

q-Jays - don't waste your time. Can't comment on the others, but I'd doubt they'd be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back