Best IEM's for bass please
Feb 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #47 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the bass of the Turbine Pro Gold's compare to that of the IE8?

From comments I've read, sounds like the Turbine Pro Golds compare very well indeed to the IE8's. I would love to read a direct comparison of the two. Unfortunately I'm on a no spending stint for six months or so, so I won't be able to pick up a set and do it myself. Sucky.

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #49 of 104
I've just read a thread by a guy who seems to be in love with his Audio Technica ATH-CK10's. Can i compare these with the IE8's which seem to be the ones i'm heading for? (them or the westone 3's which i might buy anyway just because.)

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #52 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hippo VB is pretty much the bass king now.

i agree according to reviews, but i cant find one here in my place..
but there is C710 and its screw expensive!
frown.gif

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #54 of 104
IE8 sure has a ton of bass, but the bass quality leaves something to be desired. The bass could be faster, tighter and more linear. For better quality bass that sounds more realistic and more in line with the rest of the spectrum, while still providing great punch, I recommend Q-jays if you are on a budget, or Ortofon e-Q7 if you can up your budget to around $300 or so. Both will work great for any dance, trance, hip-hop, etc, as both have awesome fast, tight, deep and detailed bass, but e-Q7 has better midrange and treble than Q-jays. I am sure that there are other good options for less money like Atrio M5 and JVC FX500, but I haven't heard them so can't comment on their sound.

Feb 20, 2010 at 1:34 AM Post #55 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by StereoIntegrity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and are the Westone 3's really bass monsters?

Not if you get a proper fit. With a good fit, they sound quite neutral actually, with a bit of extra punch and sparkle for fun. With a bad fit, they can sound sibilant with recessed mids and overpowering upper bass.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #57 of 104
I'm very confused now. I want bass but don't want my head blown off; this is the impression get from the IE8's. I haven't listened to music for 3 weeks at least now. I need some earphones badly.

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #58 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very confused now. I want bass but don't want my head blown off; this is the impression get from the IE8's. I haven't listened to music for 3 weeks at least now. I need some earphones badly.

Hippo VB's

The bass is adjustable, comes with 3 sets of small discs you screw on the end of the IEM, each set give you a different type of sound from lean and analytical to balanced to mega bass mode. I use the middle one it gives good bass while still keeping the mids and highs clean.

Feb 20, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #59 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hippo VB's

The bass is adjustable, comes with 3 sets of small discs you screw on the end of the IEM, each set give you a different type of sound from lean and analytical to balanced to mega bass mode. I use the middle one it gives good bass while still keeping he mids and highs clean.

Now, that's what I call adjustable bass!
biggrin.gif
With IE8, the bass adjustment knob seems to be for those with hearing problems in the low frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back