Best IEM's for bass please
Feb 18, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #17 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Turbine Pro, IE7, JVC FX700 will suite you better for these genres...............

Have you heard the FX700 (or 1/2 of the rest of your recommendations, for that matter)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnoford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the Turbine Pro's single driver? They seem expensive if they are.

They have a single dynamic driver. They have some of the best bass I have heard but I wouldn't call them bass-heavy.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #18 of 104
Didn't even consider JVC. Can't find a price for them anywhere or where to buy them from. They aren't released yet right? The Turbine Pro just seem too expensive. I can get a pair of Westone 3's for 30-40 quid more if i want to spend that much.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #19 of 104
Please tell us about your price range? and yes they are single dynamic range speaker and they sound even better (clear) with rich bass than Turbine . If these are over your budget then Sennheiser IE7(check at computeruniverse.net) are close with huge soundstage, rich detailed midrange and clean punchy bass.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #20 of 104
Quote:

I'm a little concerned that the Westone 3's are a little too expensive and that they will pick up any deficiencies in recordings of songs making them pretty useless unless listening to the cd through an amp. How do the UM2's compare? Also is there a noticeable lack in quality with the single driver IE8 over dual driver IEM's? I read they hold their own pretty well against brands such as Shure's 530's.

pretty much all iem's in the £150 and higher price ranges will pick out deficiencies in bad recordings,its best to use the higher bit rates or losless code, all my music is in apple lossless.

the ie8 is not of a lesser quality than dual drivers, it is infact provides very good sound quality but it has a softer more analoge sound to it than armiture drivers which sound more digital in nature.the ie8s hold there own against all the top universal iems

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #21 of 104
I find the IE8 markedly better than the dual-driver super .fi 5, and even the triple-driver SE530. It depends on the sound you're looking for.

You got a bunch of great suggestions, none of which I disagree strongly with, though I would add the Futuresonics Atrios to the list.

I do think the Klipsch Custom 3 a bit of a lightweight in this company. Not bad phones, but compared to the IE8 or the FX500, they're the baby brother.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #22 of 104
Zarim.....I don't want to spend 280 on the westone's but if i have to i will. Really all the IEM's i'm looking at are between 100 and 200 quid.

Lucozade... Everyone seems to be a fan of the IE8's. I look forward to having to rip all of my cds again. It seems i've opened a massive can of muddled worms, i should've just stuck with the Westone UM2's instead of clicking all the links to other IEM's.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #23 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by daouda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL... Do i sense some Austrian pride?

Not at all. We Austrians are modest people. Besides, by our standards he's rather a weakling.
wink.gif

On a more serious note, IE8 have great bass, but with emphasis on upper-bass, plus they are not very fast. The Panasonic HJE900 have flatter and faster bass. FX500 are between these two as far as speed is concerned and have emphasis on deep bass, which is very nice with dub.

Feb 18, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #24 of 104
Quote:

Didn't even consider JVC. Can't find a price for them anywhere or where to buy them from. They aren't released yet right? The Turbine Pro just seem too expensive. I can get a pair of Westone 3's for 30-40 quid more if i want to spend that much.

Westone 3 are very high end IEMs and they sound detailed with punchy bass, so they willbe great for the bass heavy genres. BTW sennheiser IE7 are better as far budget is concern and without going to higher bitrate.

Feb 18, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #25 of 104
Quote:

I'm a little concerned that the Westone 3's are a little too expensive and that they will pick up any deficiencies in recordings of songs making them pretty useless unless listening to the cd through an amp. How do the UM2's compare? Also is there a noticeable lack in quality with the single driver IE8 over dual driver IEM's? I read they hold their own pretty well against brands such as Shure's 530's.

I had the W3's for a while at the same time as the IE8's, and the Senns are the ones I still own. The W3's were quite a bit leaner in bass than the IE8's and couldn't provide the same sort of impact, being BA driver based. If you really want nice impactful deep bass, the IE8 is the way to go between these two IMO.

Quote:

How are the Sleek-Audio SA6's?

You can scratch it off the 'bass list'.
biggrin.gif

*although I haven't heard it with the new bass ports.... but in its original configuration, definitely not up to the IE8's at all in the low end.

If you are really on a tighter budget, you may want to research the Audio Technica CKS70's. They are a little dark sounding (do improve with burn in), but are rather similar to the IE8's in sound signature. They're just not as refined in treble, or present quite as large of a soundstage. But they're quite nice if you can get them under $80 (check seyo-shop).

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #27 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZARIM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser IE8, UE5EB, ATH-CKS70, JVC FX500, FX700, Denon C710, Tour, Turbine, IE7, Image X10 and Klipsch Custom 3..........

Very good list. I'd suggest picking something from here. Search them and see what's best for you in your price range.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #28 of 104
IE8 and turn the knob to max to get that good sub-bass. I listen to a lot of dubstep and if you can get a good seal it's really like a subwoofer in your head, which is the way dubstep is supposed to be heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back