Best IEMs for around $300USD?
Oct 11, 2011 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

didikay

New Head-Fier
hi there
ive been searching for a pair of decent iems for quite awhile now.
the only ones that really grab my attention are too expensiv eg. ie8, triplefi 10pro etc
so i was just wondering if there were any iems that sound just as good but cost far less?
im a casual listener, listen to electro house and trance.
im definitely not an audiophile but i can tell some difference between headphones
currently i have a pioneer hdj2000 which i find too big to carry around hence the reason why im looking for a iem
any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks
danny

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 17
TF10 wait for the Amazon deal, it was dead that morning by 7-8 tho.  I think I'll pick up a backup set to use with my remolded TF10s.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #5 of 17
so u guys rekn tf10s are the best? i can wait till the end of the year if the prices drop that low lol. can anyone tell me the diffrence between tf10s and tf10 pros? i cant even seem to find the tf10 pros on logitech site yet they cost twice as much. would anyone recommend IE6 or IE7? i prefer abit bassy headphones but not too much of it. the last iems ive owned were the sony mdr ex500's. would the tf10 be alot better?

thanks

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 17
how about the um3x? but i do think the TF10 are bang for buck tho. I just couldn't wear it properly. Westones are extremely comfortable to wear for long hours. 

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #9 of 17
hey how are the ie8s? are they worth their price? im very interested in the ie8s seen many positive reviews about them. let me what they are like it wouldbe appreciated !!

Oct 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #10 of 17
The ie8 is most famous for its bass and decent soundstage, but personally I don't like it. For value, I think the TF10 is better IMO

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #11 of 17
The Sennheiser IE8 are great sounding IEMs with huge soundstage (out of head) and has good deep, punchy bass. But it's only safe if buy from authorized dealers because there are so many fake IE8 available on online stores.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 17
I got mine for $295 back in January. Granted this was because I worked at Macworld and Sennheiser gave me a 50% discount for it (along with some Adidas sunglasses), but still, it's far lower than the list price. As good as they are, I most certianly wont pay $400+ for them.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
The Sennheiser IE8 are great sounding IEMs with huge soundstage (out of head) and has good deep, punchy bass. But it's only safe if buy from authorized dealers because there are so many fake IE8 available on online stores.

That, and it's really difficult to tell the IE8 apart from a fake on, besides listening to them,and by the time you do, it's already too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back