Best IEM under $20?
Sep 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Fuzziekiwi

1000+ Head-Fier
Which are the best under $20?

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 16
Phillips SHE3580. $14.95 at your local Target store or on the net. Can't beat it with a stick
deadhorse.gif

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 16
Sorry, double post.

Sep 8, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 16
JVC FX40

SHE3580
JVC FX101

This are my top 3 from all of my "under 20" iems i got.

If you want bass, fx101. Good mids and highs.

3580 has a little less bass but in my opinion they sound better than the fx101 overlall

Fx40. The bass is prominet but not at the level of the 3580 and fx101, but the level of detail and clarity is way above anything at this price range, leaps ahead. You will get lost with so much detail these gives that its easy to forget about the bass, the bass is only the foundation of the sound. With less quantity of bass you will find that it is better than the fx101 and 3580 even if its not that loud. Bass is fast punchy detailed. The sound can be a little bit thiner that the other two.

The 8320 is good, but you got be lucky if it fits you, the nozle is way to short, the housing is big cause of the driver so that means that it wont fit a lot of people, this are the ones that say that they are not impressed with the sound because the got fit issues, but if it fits your ears you are going to like them, try them, they are cheap so its not like you are going broke if they dont fit you. You must buy tips, at least a few of normal tips, best choice is comply tips but the price overall goes up. Thats the reason they are not on my top list. Dont get me even started with the cable, its a joke, i have three of these (first one wasnt working, second died) and the cable is a mess. Its like they had a good driver but decided to use the worst hardware they could find, its a shame.

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:
This are my top 3 from all of my "under 20" iems i got.
If you want bass, fx101. Good mids and highs.
3580 has a little less bass but in my opinion they sound better than the fx101 overlall
Fx40. The bass is prominet but not at the level of the 3580 and fx101, but the level of detail and clarity is way above anything at this price range, leaps ahead. You will get lost with so much detail these gives that its easy to forget about the bass, the bass is only the foundation of the sound. With less quantity of bass you will find that it is better than the fx101 and 3580 even if its not that loud. Bass is fast punchy detailed. The sound can be a little bit thiner that the other two.
The 8320 is good, but you got be lucky if it fits you, the nozle is way to short, the housing is big cause of the driver so that means that it wont fit a lot of people, this are the ones that say that they are not impressed with the sound because the got fit issues, but if it fits your ears you are going to like them, try them, they are cheap so its not like you are going broke if they dont fit you. You must buy tips, at least a few of normal tips, best choice is comply tips but the price overall goes up. Thats the reason they are not on my top list. Dont get me even started with the cable, its a joke, i have three of these (first one wasnt working, second died) and the cable is a mess. Its like they had a good driver but decided to use the worst hardware they could find, its a shame.

Comply T-400 foam work with the 3580 and make the fit much better than the tips that come with it. The only problem is the T-400 cost as much as the 3580 if you don't have any already.

Oct 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 16
just wanted to add that the Ultimate ears metrofi 200(old version) is a great iem, i had got mine when they were in production. I saw on Ebay that there were new ones for $10-$20. I think they are amazing for the price i paid(-$70), and are even better for $10. But i have not experienced any others listed above...

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 16
JVC HA-FX40 is nice if you are not treble sensitive. If plenty of treble hurts your ears, then get the  Panasonic RP-HJE355

Users who are viewing this thread

Back