Best IEM tips?
May 6, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #3,302 of 3,366
Anyone else like the Final tips ?
I find them quite meh, they're decent with non bass-y or overly treble-y sets but on the Monarch mk3 for example they ruin the sound.
There are much better tips out there IMO, Dunu S&S, Divinus Velvet, Softears Ultra Clear, AZLA Xelastec, etc

May 6, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #3,303 of 3,366
Yesterday I tried the Linsoul Tangzu Tang Sancai Wide Bore tips in different sizes from S to L and none of them did fit. They have a special textured surface and rather this is the reason they didn't build up enough friction in the ear canal and they constantly fell out. The shape would be nice though.
I tried them last week too and yes, they are useles for my IEM. Too short "nozzle" of tips are the problem of me.

May 6, 2024 at 6:58 AM Post #3,305 of 3,366
Insert in one’s ear my #1 tip

May 6, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #3,306 of 3,366
Three days with a set of Comply 500-series foam tips, and so far these might be the most consistently good fit with the short-nozzled Symphonium Meteor for me. My ear anatomy has made these IEMs a big challenge. I got the three-shape variety pack of Comply foams, but all three (cylinder, round, and oval) seem to fit essentially the same.

If I could figure out an ideal orientation for the oval ones, I might be able to get an even more snug and more comfortable fit, but I can't yet figure out which way makes most sense (or even if each ear might need a slightly different orientation from one another). Regardless, stoked to have found something that has worked multiple days in a row after weeks of tip rolling. Not yet ready to proclaim a winner, but fingers crossed.

May 6, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #3,307 of 3,366
These are in my saved Amazon list!

May 6, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #3,309 of 3,366
What's the tips with the best timbre in your collection? Out of mine I feel like the Epros are the ones that convey the most realistic timbre with the OG Timeless. Azla/Spinfit/etc can sound very balanced but often have a fake timbre. I'm wondering what's the best material to get the best overall tone/timbre (Epros use graphene for instance, but I need to try foam on the Timeless).

May 6, 2024 at 10:59 PM Post #3,310 of 3,366
What's the tips with the best timbre in your collection? Out of mine I feel like the Epros are the ones that convey the most realistic timbre with the OG Timeless. Azla/Spinfit/etc can sound very balanced but often have a fake timbre. I'm wondering what's the best material to get the best overall tone/timbre (Epros use graphene for instance, but I need to try foam on the Timeless).
I love the sound of the Divinus Velvet tips. They're surprisingly rigid, probably because of the very thick central bore cylinder. That gives them a really nice (for me) timbre in the lows. It literally feels like it vibrates/resonates against my ear in really low (inaudible) frequencies. And the sensation translates into a sense of fullness and richness in low notes. It could just be psychoacoustic, but whatever. I dig it.

But because they're so rigid and have a talc-like finish, they don't seal great in my ears. It's usually a very light, very tenuous seal (I've got very wide ear canals). With the Velvets' bulb shape, I can sometimes seal them backwards from the inside of my outer ear. Doesn't always work, but when it does, I really, really like the way they sound and feel. But because they're so hard to fit securely, I don't often use them. Just when I know I'll be listening at home and not moving much.

Last edited:
May 7, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #3,311 of 3,366
I love the sound of the Divinus Velvet tips. They're surprisingly rigid, probably because of the very thick central bore cylinder. That gives them a really nice (for me) timbre in the lows. It literally feels like it vibrates/resonates against my ear in really low (inaudible) frequencies. And the sensation translates into a sense of fullness and richness in low notes. It could just be psychoacoustic, but whatever. I dig it.

But because they're so rigid and have a talc-like finish, they don't seal great in my ears. It's usually a very light, very tenuous seal (I've got very wide ear canals). With the Velvets' bulb shape, I can sometimes seal them backwards from the inside of my outer ear. Doesn't always work, but when it does, I really, really like the way they sound and feel. But because they're so hard to fit securely, I don't often use them. Just when I know I'll be listening at home and not moving much.
Interesting thanks, people seem to rave about these!

May 7, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #3,312 of 3,366

I have seen your posts with your ear tip issues. I have similar problems but thankfully less severe by the sound of things.

I also like the Velvets and like you some days they work really well and other days not so much due to the smooth ‘velvet’ fit.

I have recently got several sets of Azla Crystal in L and they have essentially the same shape and application as the Velvet but are a bit sticky and stay in place much better.

I recall you tried the XELASTEC, the Crystals are similar dimensionally but significantly less tacky which makes insertion easier but they still get a good stick in your ears after a while. They also don’t deform like the XELASTEC.

May 7, 2024 at 9:22 AM Post #3,313 of 3,366
I have seen your posts with your ear tip issues. I have similar problems but thankfully less severe by the sound of things.

I also like the Velvets and like you some days they work really well and other days not so much due to the smooth ‘velvet’ fit.

I have recently got several sets of Azla Crystal in L and they have essentially the same shape and application as the Velvet but are a bit sticky and stay in place much better.

I recall you tried the XELASTEC, the Crystals are similar dimensionally but significantly less tacky which makes insertion easier but they still get a good stick in your ears after a while. They also don’t deform like the XELASTEC.
On the plus side, it means I am now pretty well versed in different tip types, materials, shapes, etc.

EDIT: Four days now with the Comply foam tips on the Symphonium Meteor. They work every time without much fussing. Feeling good about these tips.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #3,314 of 3,366
In the end I always seem to use foam… probably because I am a little treble sensitive and I do like a little extra bass…I tried a lot of silicone though…
Comply foam is a waste of money IMHO. The TRN foam or even the Kz foam sound great and do not cost much. Also they have a good rebound unlike some other foams. Comfortable to…

May 13, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #3,315 of 3,366
Seems that new wide bore Divinus Velvet tips are coming quite soon :metal: :

38e9eb7071dba6267b4eb602b4d755ef.png
78b4b9d306c718e6dfc56f72a6556b08.png

Would be an instabuy for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back