Best IEM tips?
May 23, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #3,361 of 3,420
Do you prefer softer or firmer materials? For instance, two antagonistic sets: FiiO HS18 and AZLA Crystal.

Also, try grabbing the FiiO HS19 pack on AliExpress, it is usually less than 15 bucks and there is a good variety in it to get you started.

After purchasing your 10th set, then you can start therapy like the rest of us. :smile:

Search this thread for oily skin. Hope this helps as we're on the same boat on this matter.

Also, do you prefer shallow or deeper insertions?
You should have warned me about therapy sooner!!!!!!

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #3,362 of 3,420
If I push the inear earphones all the way into my ears, the sound image is perfect and the whole deep range is there. however, after half an hour, I feel that it loosens up a bit and comes out of my ears, so the bass will be much less. what do you think is the solution? Should I choose a larger ear tip or do I need ear tips with a more adhesive surface? If I press it all the way into my ear, the isolation and the bass sound are perfect, so there is no lack of bass, which is usually due to the undersized ear tip. the only problem is that it comes out of my ear within half an hour. I'm sure that many of you have had this problem, so I'm waiting for everyone's comments on what solved it.
Tough to say. Fit can be finicky. Could be tip shape. Could be adhesion. Could be size. Could be nozzle dimensions. Could be your ear canals. Could be your wax viscosity. Could be the climate where you live. Could even just be the particular day. Etc. Etc. Best solution is just to keep trying lots of different tips.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #3,364 of 3,420
You should have warned me about therapy sooner!!!!!!
You should thank me for creating a(nother) monster.
giphy.gif

May 23, 2024 at 10:58 PM Post #3,365 of 3,420
... what do you think is the solution?

Try swapping eartips when that happens? I do this all the time, btw. There are those days I may use up to 4 sets. I typically start with the smallest ones and by the end of the day my ear canals are in an assaulted state.

A good seal ranks higher than pain in my world. :smile:

May 24, 2024 at 9:46 PM Post #3,367 of 3,420
when using xenon 6 small ear tips, after 2 hours of continuous use, it keeps slipping out of my ear and the sub midsub range also loses. I have to constantly push it back into my ear. It's very confusing. The medium-sized ear tips are too big and uncomfortable. What would you do in this situation? I tried spinfit w1 and azla xelastec small, both slipped out after a few hours. I need ear tips that I can put in my ears and that I don't have to touch them for 7-8 hours and that they stay where I first pressed them into my ears. does such exist at all? if so can the types come.

May 24, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #3,368 of 3,420
when using xenon 6 small ear tips, after 2 hours of continuous use, it keeps slipping out of my ear and the sub midsub range also loses. I have to constantly push it back into my ear. It's very confusing. The medium-sized ear tips are too big and uncomfortable. What would you do in this situation? I tried spinfit w1 and azla xelastec small, both slipped out after a few hours. I need ear tips that I can put in my ears and that I don't have to touch them for 7-8 hours and that they stay where I first pressed them into my ears. does such exist at all? if so can the types come.
You're probably going to get the same answers you got last time you asked this question. Really, you just need to keep trying tips until you find ones that work for your ears with your IEMs. Try different sizes, shapes, brands, and materials.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #3,369 of 3,420
Try different sizes, shapes, brands, and materials.

Btw, how the Complys have been treating you? After reading your ear anatomy journey, ended up boarding in a similar cruzade and almost purchased an EarPopper myself. :see_no_evil:

Anyway, I could easily start a sub-thread with the "best eartips of the week" because experimentation has become not only a necessity (in "those" days) but also an obsession. :unamused:

I was having luck with a Baroque for 3 days in a row for an unvented IEM. Then, in the 4th day, BAM... Ear canal pressure. The following day switched to a known pressure build-up reliever: Divinus. In the repeating day, pressure build-up once again. :weary:

Note: obsession above is conditioned to a very specific scenario I have here. Can't deny I have already learned a lot and am still learning from this scenario. On a fun note, a few days ago I was doing some variations of the Valsava maneuver and ended up hearing "driver flex in the eardrums" after a few seconds. Not pleasant. :hear_no_evil:

At least my eardrums are still there. :champagne:

May 24, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #3,370 of 3,420
Btw, how the Complys have been treating you? After reading your ear anatomy journey, ended up boarding in a similar cruzade and almost purchased an EarPopper myself. :see_no_evil:

Anyway, I could easily start a sub-thread with the "best eartips of the week" because experimentation has become not only a necessity (in "those" days) but also an obsession. :unamused:

I was having luck with a Baroque for 3 days in a row for an unvented IEM. Then, in the 4th day, BAM... Ear canal pressure. The following day switched to a known pressure build-up reliever: Divinus. In the repeating day, pressure build-up once again. :weary:

Note: obsession above is conditioned to a very specific scenario I have here. Can't deny I have already learned a lot and am still learning from this scenario. On a fun note, a few days ago I was doing some variations of the Valsava maneuver and ended up hearing "driver flex in the eardrums" after a few seconds. Not pleasant. :hear_no_evil:

At least my eardrums are still there. :champagne:
Ha. Yeah. All too familiar. The Comply tips work fantastically with the unvented Symphonium Meteor. Buuuut... the day before I left home for my summer travels, I was getting a great seal with my Divinus Velvets, so I started thinking, "Maybe I just didn't give these a proper chance." So I left the Comply tips at home and packed up the Velvets instead. You can probably guess how that turned out. So, yeah, for the past two weeks, it's been a maddening exercise in perfectly balancing them in my ears to get a passable seal. Now I'm stuck with just these tips with the Meteor for six more weeks. Ugh.

Thankfully I packed a couple other IEMs, but it doesn't prevent me from futilely trying to get a good seal with the Meteor + Velvets!

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #3,371 of 3,420
I received a couple of tips for my OG Timeless, including the new Azla Origins. Testing the Comply T400 large tips right now with the Timeless (first time I'm testing foam with these), very interesting result in terms of soundstage. I find that they don't try too hard to sound open like thin silicone tips often do (eg Epros or Spinfit CP500), but at the same time they don't sound closed in or oppressive at all either like typical medical grade tips do (Azla crystals/Spinfit W1). Details just flow in a natural way, giving the impression to spread into a very large, almost limitless soundstage. I also find that they tend to provide a very natural decay and very few reflections. Very clean organic sound. With the Timeless I get more focus on the midrange which is a very good thing, making them less v-shaped overall.

May 25, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #3,372 of 3,420
Now I'm stuck with just these tips with the Meteor for six more weeks. Ugh.

Ohhhh, man... How can you travel without bringing extra 20 pairs of eartips? Amateur. :expressionless:

Thankfully I packed a couple other IEMs, ...

5 IEMs and 40 pairs of eartips seem reasonable for a 2-week travel. :smile:

May 26, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #3,375 of 3,420
Does anyone know where I can purchase CanalWorks eartips and have them shipped to the US? Obsessively trying lots of eartips recently and they're high on my list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back