Best IEM tips?
Jul 10, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #2,641 of 3,357
I sometimes have a hard time with my IEMs staying inside my ear/creating a good seal. I like the Spinfit W1s (small) in terms of comfort. I'm using sound rhyme 5s (SR5s) and Holas while I travel. Any suggestions?
I can't help but wonder if you just need to use a larger tip. IEMs do take some getting used to, I'm on my tenth set and only now getting truly comfortable.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:37 PM Post #2,642 of 3,357
I can't help but wonder if you just need to use a larger tip. IEMs do take some getting used to, I'm on my tenth set and only now getting truly comfortable.
I had the same thought, I'm going back and trying out larger sizes. I'm in a similar boat as I have about 5 different sets I wasn't too happy with and reverted back to the W1s for now. Maybe this is the answer!

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,643 of 3,357
I sometimes have a hard time with my IEMs staying inside my ear/creating a good seal. I like the Spinfit W1s (small) in terms of comfort. I'm using sound rhyme 5s (SR5s) and Holas while I travel. Any suggestions?
Lick your finger and rub the wet finger around the surface of your eartip. You can use water if you don’t like the idea of licking. This cleans the tip and the slight bit of wetness create a better seal. It works for me when I have issues with seal.

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #2,646 of 3,357
IMG_0555.jpeg

Does anyone know what make/model these are? Smooth silicone, short height with wide bores. They are the stock tips that come with the Truthear Hola, and look very similar if not identical to the ones that come with the Quintet as well.

I asked Truthear and they said they could not share that information… :face_palm:

Jul 13, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #2,648 of 3,357
IMG_0555.jpeg

Does anyone know what make/model these are? Smooth silicone, short height with wide bores. They are the stock tips that come with the Truthear Hola, and look very similar if not identical to the ones that come with the Quintet as well.

I asked Truthear and they said they could not share that information… :face_palm:
Might be the ePro Horn Shaped Tips.

Jul 15, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2,652 of 3,357
Has anyone compared the Zeos Render tips with the Symbio hybrid tips?

I read somewhere on this site that they were softer than the Symbios, but can't find the comment/comparison.
I have the Render tips being delivered today (Edit - Looks like they are delayed and will be here tomorrow). I have the Symbios as well. I will post back when I can compare. FYI- I don’t use the Symbios because of how hard they are.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #2,653 of 3,357
Double flange tips have helped with some of my iem's giving a better seal and keeping earphones more firm. I never used to bother with them.
Which ones do you use? I've really only ever seen the Spinfit CP240s, which I find are uncomfortable and add an unpleasant 11 or 12kHz ringing, and one variation of Acoustune tips whose exact name I can't currently remember (never tried them.)

Jul 16, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #2,654 of 3,357
Which ones do you use? I've really only ever seen the Spinfit CP240s, which I find are uncomfortable and add an unpleasant 11 or 12kHz ringing, and one variation of Acoustune tips whose exact name I can't currently remember (never tried them.)

The only ones I've found to be good are the one's that came with my Szalayi earphones. They're a little firmer than most.

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #2,655 of 3,357
So... good news/bad news

I received the Render tips and I can say they are softer than the Symbios by a country mile! They are so nice.
I also measured wrong or something... but the mediums are the wrong size :frowning2: I need the large at a minimum.
Something I just noted though, when removing the ear tip from my IEM, the silicone seems to have separated from the foam underneath. not sure if by design and everything would be fine if they fit, but noticed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back