Best IEM tips?
Jun 7, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #2,611 of 3,418
Which underwear is best and most comfortable for me? Same illogical question. There is zero point in asking others what is best for you and your unique ear canal!

Jun 7, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #2,612 of 3,418
Which underwear is best and most comfortable for me? Same illogical question. There is zero point in asking others what is best for you and your unique ear canal!

So if you needed to know what tip might fit on an particular IEM nozzle, or the effect it would have on the sound. Would it be better to ask in the cheap cable thread? :rolling_eyes:

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #2,613 of 3,418
Hello, I need some help.
Besides Amazon.jp, where can I buy the Radius Deep mount tips.
Amazon.jp is not shipping them to Europe (at least to Portugal)...
I bought them some months ago directly from amazon jp, shipping to Italy, shame that they don't ship anymore to EU

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #2,614 of 3,418
So if you needed to know what tip might fit on a particular IEM nozzle, or the effect it would have on the sound. Would it be better to ask in the cheap cable thread? :rolling_eyes:
No, anyone’s experience will not tell you how your experience will be sound wise because you have a uniquely created ear canal! Not rocket science here.

Jun 7, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #2,615 of 3,418
Non synthetic, 100% cotton works the best.
Same thing with ear tips, it's not as much as unique ear canal (proper sizing should take care of this anyway), but sonic, isolation, and comfort properties. These are based on eartip shape and material.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,616 of 3,418
No, anyone’s experience will not tell you how your experience will be sound wise because you have a uniquely created ear canal! Not rocket science here.

Sure. And that’s why we suggest that people try lots of different ones in order to find the one that works for them. Additionally, if you read the thread, you’ll see that a lot of it is focused on sizing, comfort and other factors besides sound. And finally, general qualities of a tip are observable universally. The bore size has a reasonably consistent impact on sound, for example.

So while your point is taken and largely correct I’d suggest that there’s more actually going on here than the thread title suggests.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #2,617 of 3,418
Sure. And that’s why we suggest that people try lots of different ones in order to find the one that works for them. Additionally, if you read the thread, you’ll see that a lot of it is focused on sizing, comfort and other factors besides sound. And finally, general qualities of a tip are observable universally. The bore size has a reasonably consistent impact on sound, for example.

So while your point is taken and largely correct I’d suggest that there’s more actually going on here than the thread title suggests.
Point taken, and well said. I

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #2,618 of 3,418
Just got my Corier Brass in the mail. The sound is as expected: well-extended bass and treble. With my IEMs with controlled bass and treble (e.g. Final E series), this is quite pleasant. With my IEMs with loud bass and treble (e.g. Final A series), this sounds quite painful.

Overall, it is a disappointment. Here are my three biggest issues with it:
- The dust-magnet type of umbrella material is annoying to use. None of the eartips that use this type of material grips my ear canal well, e.g. Azla Xelastec, SpinFit W1. They are too grippy to go deep enough, which is necessary to place any pressure on my ear canal. It probably works for some people, which is why companies are making them, just not for my Asian ears (and earwax).
- The stem is just too damn long given how wide it is. Other eartips that I have this problem with is the TRI Clarion. The metal bore extends bass, sure, but the bass loss from the increased driver-to-eardrum distance more than cancels it out. It is not like I can go a size down and go deep either: Clarion and Corier Brass are wide-bore eartips. I can't go deep enough to compensate for the long stem, especially when the tip of Corier Brass is made of metal.
- This implies another problem with Corier's design: the tip of the umbrella is much wider than the tip of the bore, due to the thickness of the metal and the need to use even thicker silicone to protect our ear canal against it. While other manufacturers try to make this intersection as sharp as possible (see, e.g. SpinFit CP500, SpiralDot, Clarion) in order to achieve the optimal tradeoff between bore width and insertion depth, Corier's design makes it very far from this optimality.

Here's a photo of the widest-bore eartips in my collection, sorted by increasing width of the bore opening (by eyes; may not be accurate), from left to right:
Corier Brass, Whizzer SS20, Tanchjim T300T, Sedna Vivid, Sedna Short, Spiral Dot ++, BGVP W01, Tennmak Whirlwind, TRI Clarion
Photo May 09 2023, 3 18 49 PM.jpg
What size had you ordered?

Jun 12, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #2,620 of 3,418
Just got my Sedna Max. They have rocketed to the top of my list. Very comfortable, very balanced sound. Maybe a touch of accentuation on the bass but nowhere near that of the Sedna Light Short and definitely way less roll-off of the highs. I'd put it squarely between the Azla Crystal TWS (Crisp highs, ok bass) and the Sedna Light Shorts (thick bass, soft highs). The Max is kind of the Goldilocks. My current rankings (On the MEST MK2) are:
1. Sedna Max
2a. Final TWS
2b. E-Pro TWS
3. Azla Crystal TWS
4. Sedna Light Short
5. Final Type E

Those I would consider Tier 1. Tier 2, I'm not going to rank in order and I find are all interchangeable. They all either have a slightly worse effect on the sound or comfort issues: SpinFit CP100/CP145/CP360/CP1025, Azla Elastitech, Spiral Dot OG

Tier 3 are all pretty much unusable to me, either due to comfort/fit being impossible or very negative sound quality: Spinfit CP500/CP155/CP240, SymbioW, ePro EP00, Sedna Light.
The Sedna max normal one or tws ones ?

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #2,622 of 3,418
I have some Tri Clarions but I really don't like how long the stem of the tip is. Combined with the very wide bore, makes it hard to get a deeper fit with most IEMs. Maybe I will try cutting part of the stem off.

Jun 12, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #2,623 of 3,418
Symbio Eartips by Mandarin: Please can someone explain the difference between F & W version ? What will be the best for my ThieAudio Monarch MKII ? Thanks

1A1EDA1E-E632-48A4-9906-ECA2B4ECAF6E.png

FB867460-1426-4467-9B70-247410EA9B0A.png

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #2,624 of 3,418
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #2,625 of 3,418

Users who are viewing this thread

Back