Best IEM tips?
Mar 10, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #2,388 of 3,357
Just been testing the newly arrived Dunu S & S (stage & studio) and yup, can confirm they improve the image, specifically vertical spacing. And since otherwise they are on par with W1 despite the latter providing a better seal, the S&S takes the crown.
No idea why Dunu sizing is that small - 11.5mm is the largest they offer, What? But I'm surprised the bass response did not suffer despite seal being notably worse than with W1.

Mar 10, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #2,389 of 3,357
Been browsing through this thread for quite some time, I tried the AZLA Crystals but returned them as getting a proper seal was too much of a headache. I have been enjoying the CP145s quite a bit but wanted something more comfortable. Finally landed on the AZLA Max Standard, wow these are incredible. Seals perfectly, doesn't slip off, and most importantly are very comfortable. Sound quality has not been changed much as well vocals are incredible, previously I felt there was a hit to the bass with the crystals but these are pretty damn good. Sound wise, they work just as well as the CP145s.

Mar 10, 2023 at 10:08 PM Post #2,390 of 3,357
Tested on Fitear TG334
Stock Azla Sednaearfit SE1000 - excellent synergy with the TG334. Adds some weight and presence without being heavy handed. Maybe a bit forward, and imaging suffers a bit for it. Excellent isolation, OK comfort (wish it was a bit softer).

Compared to SE1000
Azla Xelastic - Not very compelling. Only strength is the super high isolation (but not particularly comfortable).
Spinfit W1 - More neutral than SE1000. Midbass not as elevated. Treble is and airier and more extended. More spacious soundstage and precise imaging. Great for classical music (though not for opera). Very comfortable, but isolation is only OK.
Spinfit CP360 TWS - Better imaging and less midbass emphasis. Kind of half way between SE1000 and Spinfit W1. I prefer the CP360 to the W1 because the former retains more of TG334’s magical vocal presence. Very comfortable, OK isolation.
Final Audio Type E Clear - doesn’t do much for the TG334… tonally it is fine, but a bit boring overall as it has no outstanding strength.

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #2,391 of 3,357
Thanks, we will check them out. How long are you using them? With what IEMs if we can ask? :)
Couple months. First used with the traillii because I was craving some more bass. It did the job but kinda veiled what I loved about it's mids and highs. Eventually I just got the Maestro Mini for all my bass cravings and when I use those tips it's just overkill. Not a pairing I use for at-home listening but my go-to when I'm moving around, out and about, when I need to block out noise with thunder :)

Mar 13, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #2,392 of 3,357
Couple months. First used with the traillii because I was craving some more bass. It did the job but kinda veiled what I loved about it's mids and highs. Eventually I just got the Maestro Mini for all my bass cravings and when I use those tips it's just overkill. Not a pairing I use for at-home listening but my go-to when I'm moving around, out and about, when I need to block out noise with thunder :)
A lot of more bassy tips tend to influence the mids and treble. I guess it is really down to the synergy between IEMs and tips. For a really long time, my private go-to was Final Audio Type E.

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Mar 13, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #2,393 of 3,357
Tested on Fitear TG334
Stock Azla Sednaearfit SE1000 - excellent synergy with the TG334. Adds some weight and presence without being heavy handed. Maybe a bit forward, and imaging suffers a bit for it. Excellent isolation, OK comfort (wish it was a bit softer).

Compared to SE1000
Azla Xelastic - Not very compelling. Only strength is the super high isolation (but not particularly comfortable).
Spinfit W1 - More neutral than SE1000. Midbass not as elevated. Treble is and airier and more extended. More spacious soundstage and precise imaging. Great for classical music (though not for opera). Very comfortable, but isolation is only OK.
Spinfit CP360 TWS - Better imaging and less midbass emphasis. Kind of half way between SE1000 and Spinfit W1. I prefer the CP360 to the W1 because the former retains more of TG334’s magical vocal presence. Very comfortable, OK isolation.
Final Audio Type E Clear - doesn’t do much for the TG334… tonally it is fine, but a bit boring overall as it has no outstanding strength.
Azla Sednaearfit SE1000: Are these available for purchase separately or only w/IEM? If available separately, a link would be appreciated. Thank you!

Mar 13, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #2,394 of 3,357
1678733193186.jpeg

https://store.azla.co.kr/collections/sednaearfit-series/products/sednaearfit-vivid-edition
Seems to be the same spec as SE1000. Definitely the closest to SE1000, if not exact same.
1678733251662.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #2,395 of 3,357
Finally received my multiple sizes of XELASTEC, loving them on both my Meteor and MEST MkII so far. Real finnicky in the size-seal spectrum department but they feel close to invisible when you get that all right. I'm converted for sure. Much less of the silicone vacuum pressure/pain dealio, and less sound signature horkiness than foam. (and a huge step up from the foam-silicone hybrids I tried, which merged the worst of both: hard as a rock non-easily-squishable foam and vacuum-sealing silicone)

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #2,396 of 3,357
Finally received my multiple sizes of XELASTEC, loving them on both my Meteor and MEST MkII so far. Real finnicky in the size-seal spectrum department but they feel close to invisible when you get that all right. I'm converted for sure. Much less of the silicone vacuum pressure/pain dealio, and less sound signature horkiness than foam. (and a huge step up from the foam-silicone hybrids I tried, which merged the worst of both: hard as a rock non-easily-squishable foam and vacuum-sealing silicone)
That sounds like something worth checking out. The pressure with typical tips can be a problem for some customers.

Craft Ears Stay updated on Craft Ears at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/craftears https://www.instagram.com/craft.ears/ https://www.craftears.com/
Mar 15, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #2,398 of 3,357
For me, I stumbled across TRN t-tips and they've replaced practically every eartip on every IEM I own. They're so comfortable and seal so well, and are flush enough to make practically anything fit my head.
Same, I need to order some more. Although very similar to spring tips, they just seem to fit better for me.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #2,399 of 3,357
For me, I stumbled across TRN t-tips and they've replaced practically every eartip on every IEM I own. They're so comfortable and seal so well, and are flush enough to make practically anything fit my head.
Same, I need to order some more. Although very similar to spring tips, they just seem to fit better for me.

My Wife scored the medium pair that came on the MT3. I ordered the large, but they could more accurately be described as "bigger than the mediums". They need an XL size around 14mm! :triportsad:

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:53 AM Post #2,400 of 3,357
Whizzer easytips ss20 and BGVP W01 are my other main go to tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back