Best IEM tips?
May 20, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #1,696 of 3,357
A67E5D13-1540-411D-BE8A-A20DE8138CEE.jpeg
These are a buy. Shockingly good. Think cross between Xelastec and regular silicone; not sticky. Soft, transparent sound, and very comfortable (doesn’t make my ears warm). Glad I got 2 pairs because I probably can’t use anything else.

Like clouds in my ears.

ePro aren’t anything special. They are soft and wide bore. Maybe I would have liked them more in isolation without the AEX50

11880BEA-2685-4B67-945C-102E56249D56.jpeg

Interesting shape, so I ordered a couple of sizes of the Acoustune AEX50 tips, to try on some of my earphones.

May 20, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #1,697 of 3,357
Interesting shape, so I ordered a couple of sizes of the Acoustune AEX50 tips, to try on some of my earphones.
I'm considering doing this as well, looking forward to your impressions on sizing, fit, sound charactersitics. Thanks @DBaldock9.

May 21, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #1,698 of 3,357

These are a buy. Shockingly good. Think cross between Xelastec and regular silicone; not sticky. Soft, transparent sound, and very comfortable (doesn’t make my ears warm). Glad I got 2 pairs because I probably can’t use anything else.

Like clouds in my ears.

ePro aren’t anything special. They are soft and wide bore. Maybe I would have liked them more in isolation without the AEX50

Does the AEX50 need certain orientation for them fit correctly?

May 22, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #1,699 of 3,357
I find the foam stuffed hybrids that came with my dba02 mk2s are wonderful and provide a good seal without making them overly boomy, but dont think these tips are readily accessable.

Generic foam tips from lostearbuds I find are also great, especially for the price!

EarTlogis Mix460 are a good option if you like foam/silicon hybrid tips. :L3000:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002401665966.html

May 27, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #1,701 of 3,357
Is there a difference in nozzle size between the Xelastecs and the regular Sedna eartips? I'm finding Xelastecs difficult to fit on my earphones.
Yes, the Xelastec are about 1mm smaller bore size than the Earfits. Have a look around some of the vendor sites, they'll usually have a diagram that shows exact measurements of each dimension of the various tips, eg
https://www.linsoul.com/products/azla-sednaearfit-series-silicon-eartips?variant=35848671166619

You do want the tip to fit tightly on the IEM nozzle, else you risk getting a tip stuck in your ear. Annoying!

May 27, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #1,702 of 3,357
Yes, the Xelastec are about 1mm smaller bore size than the Earfits. Have a look around some of the vendor sites, they'll usually have a diagram that shows exact measurements of each dimension of the various tips, eg
https://www.linsoul.com/products/azla-sednaearfit-series-silicon-eartips?variant=35848671166619

You do want the tip to fit tightly on the IEM nozzle, else you risk getting a tip stuck in your ear. Annoying!
I really hate that. Used to be a problem on the CCA CA16, was a real PITA (actually "inconvenience in the ear", would be more accurate). KBEAR 08 at 3.3mm or original CP100 at 3.8mm are my remedy now, for nozzles that are too small for normal tips. :L3000:

May 27, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #1,703 of 3,357
Hi anyone can tell the difference between Xelastec and Crystal? Is Crystal softer than Xelastec? And also recently Softears has launched one eartips which is quite similar, any review. Thank you very much.

May 28, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #1,704 of 3,357
Hi anyone can tell the difference between Xelastec and Crystal? Is Crystal softer than Xelastec? And also recently Softears has launched one eartips which is quite similar, any review. Thank you very much.

I personally don't own either Xelastec or Crystal. I have AzlaSedna Regular short one. And I don't find it comfortable because it feels very hard in my ear. If you go back a few pages in this thread you will find lots of discussion on Xelastec and Crystal. You can also visit this link where a brief impression of various eartips is published including Softears eartips
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/

May 28, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #1,705 of 3,357
I personally don't own either Xelastec or Crystal. I have AzlaSedna Regular short one. And I don't find it comfortable because it feels very hard in my ear. If you go back a few pages in this thread you will find lots of discussion on Xelastec and Crystal. You can also visit this link where a brief impression of various eartips is published including Softears eartips
https://www.audioreviews.org/guide-to-iem-silicone-eartips/
I use Azla Sedna Earfit Light anf they are definitely not hard in the ear, very comfy.

May 30, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #1,707 of 3,357
The Crystals have a softer feel to them. They also don't deform after regular use, like the Xelastec's do, which I believe a heat issue.

May 30, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #1,708 of 3,357
Hello,
Anyone own both the Azla Crystal & Softears eartips?
Which one is better?
Thank you,

May 30, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #1,709 of 3,357
The Crystals have a softer feel to them. They also don't deform after regular use, like the Xelastec's do, which I believe a heat issue.
great and thanks for the reply, currently im using xelastec, I found it only works well for sealing after few seconds inserted to the ear canal, and there is a vacuum effect after long time wearing, btw the shape also will be like abit deform.

Hope crystal wont have these effects.

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,710 of 3,357
great and thanks for the reply, currently im using xelastec, I found it only works well for sealing after few seconds inserted to the ear canal, and there is a vacuum effect after long time wearing, btw the shape also will be like abit deform.

Hope crystal wont have these effects.
Have been using the Crystals for a few weeks regularly, no issue with deforming. The Xelastec's would deform after 2 weeks or so. You can just tell when touching the tips, the material won't deform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back