Best IEM tips?
Feb 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #1,606 of 3,245
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I notice that whenever I press on them with my fingers, it feel like it's jamming into my ear canal too hard. But for me, I think the discomfort is coming more from the stiffness of the material, even with the light version it's not the softest material. It's not like it feels painful or anything, but after a while I start to get that invasive feeling that something is clogging up my ear. It's weird, they feel comfortable at first because they fit perfectly flush in my ears when I insert them, it's only after 15 - 30 minutes I start to notice them. I think the thinner material of the 64 Audio silicone helps to prevent that. I tried medium SpinFit CP145's but could not get a consistent fit with the mediums, and the small ones look a little too small.
Yeah 145 are tough to get a good fit. I just ordered some cp220 and cp500 in medium. I already own cp500 in small and the small fits my right ear perfect but I need a medium sized cp500 to fit my left ear.

I absolutely love the fit of the cp500. They have the same comfort of the 145 but I get a better seal.

By the way cp220 is just an experiment.

Feb 23, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #1,608 of 3,245
I have the kbear 08 and it's a bassy eartip. Not that it boosts the bass (which I think it doesn't, at least largely enough for you to notice), but instead it tames the mid-highs and highs in order to reduce sibilance. Personally I only use them in those IEMs which highs can be too strong, since with this eartip I'll loose some separation/air/soundstage.

Also, from what I know this Kbear is a Acoustune A08 clone.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #1,609 of 3,245
btw, does anyone know which stock tips the Blon BL03 / 05 uses? I find the small ones (also the longest) one of my favorite tips, so I'm interested in buying some:

(they are very similar to Spinfit CP500 (size S), but of course they aren't)

51ESyfmFxyL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

51f999dl5HL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2022 at 5:25 PM Post #1,610 of 3,245
I have a pair of LZ A7 IEM's - Currently have Spinfit CP145 tips on them. Any suggestions for slightly longer tips, which will insert a touch further to the ear canal? I'm finding the IEM shell is sitting in an uncomfortable spot due to the shape.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #1,614 of 3,245
Mar 4, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #1,615 of 3,245
Mar 5, 2022 at 1:38 AM Post #1,616 of 3,245
I may have solved my issue. Bought the Spinfit CP100 tips in size XL, everything feels as it sits properly. I have Spinfit CP145 in large tips which have been great for my Sony's.

Mar 14, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,620 of 3,245
OK folks I figure if I can't find an answer here to my IEM woes it'll never happen. My issue is fit: my ears are rather oddly shaped, apparently, and it's exceptionally tough to find tips that seal well and stay put. Stock eartips have never fit. The only ones that seal are the largest - diameter Comply ones (I researched) and even those fall out or need adjustment after maybe 15-30ish minutes.

Besides custom-molded ones does anyone know of some exceptionally large tips they can recommend? As I recall Etymotic makes some really, really big yellow ones, maybe I should just splurge on some Etys. I'd love to get to experience all of the great IEMs that are out there but if they don't fit right then there's not much point.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back