Best IEM tips?
Jan 29, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #1,591 of 3,289
Will Spiral dot ++ fit UM Mest Mkii nozzle?
Mine do. I use the Medium size on the left and the ML on the right side. The key is to ensure it’s fully seated beyond the nozzle lip all the way around. Basically, I gauge this by ensuring all of the metal portion of the nozzle is covered by the stem of the ear tips.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #1,593 of 3,289
In a good way?
I had high hopes for them but don't like them. They have a wide bore which I like but the Spring Large is smaller than every medium I've got and can't get a decent seal. One of the tips actually separated from the stem within W minutes of its first use. I'm sticking with Sednas and Whirlwinds.

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #1,595 of 3,289
I'd vote for AET08, since I love the blue tone and as for the sound... Bass is much more concentrated and punchy, really like it

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:23 PM Post #1,597 of 3,289
They are also the only tip I get a good deal with on the mest mk2 other than double flange.
u manage to put final type E on mest mkii? I tried, but it seems like easy to fall off due to the long nozzle of the Final type e tip...or u manage to get a shorter nozzle version?

Jan 30, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #1,599 of 3,289
No I have the normal version. Clear and red and they fit fairly tight
I see, mine one is black normal version, I think I need to get a clear type one to have a try. Btw, I found spiral dot ++ on mest mkii is awesome too! For me it is better than Xelastec.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #1,600 of 3,289
Can anyone suggest me some tips that have deep insertion, but would also work on small ear canals? I usually wear SS/S ~9-10mm and most tips I buy don't work out.
I'll buy anything including .co.jp proxy buy stuff but there's a high chance anything I buy won't work for me, so either cheap or something I can buy a clone of to test the shape out is ideal.
Any bore is fine, bonus points for a wide bore and standard bore suggestion.
These two worked out the best for me so far:
EHP-CAP20 S - I get a good seal but the smallest size hurts
EHP-CAP10 M - I get a good fit and a good seal AND they are comfortable, but they get stuck in my ears with most nozzles. Size S doesn't seal.
KZ Foam S, cut to nozzle length - Decent fit, good seal, comfortable, but wear out.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #1,601 of 3,289
Can anyone suggest me some tips that have deep insertion, but would also work on small ear canals? I usually wear SS/S ~9-10mm and most tips I buy don't work out.
I'll buy anything including .co.jp proxy buy stuff but there's a high chance anything I buy won't work for me, so either cheap or something I can buy a clone of to test the shape out is ideal.
Any bore is fine, bonus points for a wide bore and standard bore suggestion.
These two worked out the best for me so far:
EHP-CAP20 S - I get a good seal but the smallest size hurts
EHP-CAP10 M - I get a good fit and a good seal AND they are comfortable, but they get stuck in my ears with most nozzles. Size S doesn't seal.
Have you tried flipping tips? This tends to give a deeper insertion depending what tip you use
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flip-tips-or-fliptips-prepare-to-have-your-mind-blown.906357/

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #1,602 of 3,289
anyone know if theres a difference in feel/sound of black vs red final audio e tips?

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #1,603 of 3,289
How do the regular SednaEarFits feel/sound compared to the light version? I tried the standard lights on my U12t and they provide a very good fit, but get a bit uncomfortable after a while and don't feel as good as the 64 Audio silicone over longer periods. I think that IEM really needs a tip that doesn't extend past the nozzle to get the intended sound. So maybe the short lights are best for that IEM? I'm fine with the stock although sometimes if I play with them too much while they're in my ear the seal breaks. Not a huge problem if I just leave them alone though lol, but I still wonder if I'm sometimes not always getting a perfect seal.

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,604 of 3,289
How do the regular SednaEarFits feel/sound compared to the light version? I tried the standard lights on my U12t and they provide a very good fit, but get a bit uncomfortable after a while and don't feel as good as the 64 Audio silicone over longer periods. I think that IEM really needs a tip that doesn't extend past the nozzle to get the intended sound. So maybe the short lights are best for that IEM? I'm fine with the stock although sometimes if I play with them too much while they're in my ear the seal breaks. Not a huge problem if I just leave them alone though lol, but I still wonder if I'm sometimes not always getting a perfect seal.
Sednaearfit light shorts are much more comfortable than the regular kind. I have both and I too cannot wear the regular black and grey ones but for about 30 minutes and they hurt my ear. Not discomfort, but some kind of constant pain like they are pushing against my ear canal too hard. No other eartip does this except the sednaearfit regular black and grey in color.

Feb 6, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #1,605 of 3,289
Sednaearfit light shorts are much more comfortable than the regular kind. I have both and I too cannot wear the regular black and grey ones but for about 30 minutes and they hurt my ear. Not discomfort, but some kind of constant pain like they are pushing against my ear canal too hard. No other eartip does this except the sednaearfit regular black and grey in color.
Yeah, I think I know what you mean. I notice that whenever I press on them with my fingers, it feel like it's jamming into my ear canal too hard. But for me, I think the discomfort is coming more from the stiffness of the material, even with the light version it's not the softest material. It's not like it feels painful or anything, but after a while I start to get that invasive feeling that something is clogging up my ear. It's weird, they feel comfortable at first because they fit perfectly flush in my ears when I insert them, it's only after 15 - 30 minutes I start to notice them. I think the thinner material of the 64 Audio silicone helps to prevent that. I tried medium SpinFit CP145's but could not get a consistent fit with the mediums, and the small ones look a little too small.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back