Best IEM tips?
Feb 11, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #1,306 of 3,241
I decided to give the Xelastec tips a try. Really good! And darn well better be, as they're stupid expensive for just tips!

Feb 11, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #1,307 of 3,241
What if your earbuds are lacking in treble a bit? You think they will worsen? I have been eyeing the final type e for tws for a few weeks now but not pulled the trigger yet because I'm unsure about sizing.

If u want a bit more treble, u can consider wider bore ear tips eg Tenmark Whirlwinds. I read that the clear final E tips (not the black ones) also boost treble, but haven't tried that, maybe we can confirm with @RikudouGoku about this.

Don't get the black Final E tips or in general, foam tips if you find the treble lacking, as they tend to tame the treble.

Feb 11, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #1,308 of 3,241
If u want a bit more treble, u can consider wider bore ear tips eg Tenmark Whirlwinds. I read that the clear final E tips (not the black ones) also boost treble, but haven't tried that, maybe we can confirm with @RikudouGoku about this.

Don't get the black Final E tips or in general, foam tips if you find the treble lacking, as they tend to tame the treble.
I use the clear type e on a very dark iem like the final e5000 to make it less dark. But it won't change the signature much and if you are lacking treble it will still lack treble.

I would use wide bore tips if I wanted more treble quantity.

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,309 of 3,241
What if your earbuds are lacking in treble a bit? You think they will worsen? I have been eyeing the final type e for tws for a few weeks now but not pulled the trigger yet because I'm unsure about sizing.
Final E will reduce the treble in my experience. As others have said, choose a wide bore model, preferably with hard bore interior.

A long stem will reduce the bass which also will make the rest of the frequencies more prominent.

However since you're going to use it on a TWS I can't give a specific recommendation because with tws the question is whether or not the case will accommodate the new tips.

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #1,310 of 3,241
Final E will reduce the treble in my experience. As others have said, choose a wide bore model, preferably with hard bore interior.

A long stem will reduce the bass which also will make the rest of the frequencies more prominent.

However since you're going to use it on a TWS I can't give a specific recommendation because with tws the question is whether or not the case will accommodate the new tips.

Yeah, that's why I have to look for tws versions of eartips. Still, not all tws versions would fit all cases since sizes varies across the board. I guess my best bet is to buy from Amazon so I can at least return if it doesn't fit in case.

I have slightly weak treble on my Melomania Touch but it's good for my music (just some vocals sometimes sound bit flat but I EQ'd by raising up the highs). I am big on comfort and I guess I could use slightly improved mids. Lows are more than good enough - some might consider it big too much, but it's fine for most rock/pop.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #1,311 of 3,241
Yeah, that's why I have to look for tws versions of eartips. Still, not all tws versions would fit all cases since sizes varies across the board. I guess my best bet is to buy from Amazon so I can at least return if it doesn't fit in case.

I have slightly weak treble on my Melomania Touch but it's good for my music (just some vocals sometimes sound bit flat but I EQ'd by raising up the highs). I am big on comfort and I guess I could use slightly improved mids. Lows are more than good enough - some might consider it big too much, but it's fine for most rock/pop.
Actually, the Type E has a version for TWS:
https://www.mtmtaudio.com/products/...-for-true-wireless-bluetooth-earphone-2-pairs

Although they look like wide bore tips...

Feb 16, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,313 of 3,241
Feb 18, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #1,315 of 3,241
There is lot of praise for Elecom Spare ear cap (EHP-CAP10) on audioreview.org. These are not costly as well. But, these tips are only available in Japan and it is hard to source it from Amazon Japan or any other e-commerce platform in Japan. I wish someone from Japan here in this forum would help me to get these silicontips.

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #1,316 of 3,241
Does anyone know if Kbear bought Acoustune? I see a local seller selling the Acoustune AET07 as "Kbear 07" likewise with the 08.

@WendyLi perhaps?

(I guess I should've said "a set of IEMs that look identical to the Acoustune, down to the color and size combinations: white for M, black for M-, etc)

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #1,317 of 3,241
Does anyone know if Kbear bought Acoustune? I see a local seller selling the Acoustune AET07 as "Kbear 07" likewise with the 08.

@WendyLi perhaps?

(I guess I should've said "a set of IEMs that look identical to the Acoustune, down to the color and size combinations: white for M, black for M-, etc)

Hi friend, could you send a link of Acoustune AET07? They may just look similar.

Feb 22, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #1,318 of 3,241
Hi friend, could you send a link of Acoustune AET07? They may just look similar.
This is the Acoustune:
images (15).jpeg

This is the kbear 07 (note that the color are identical, except for the light blue of the M+ size which Acoustune doesn't have)
H45686d5a2a8f4d529930b103034440ebP.jpg

And the Kbear 08:
KBEAR-08-Noise-Isolating-Silicone-Ear-Tips-Soft-Safe-Eartips-Improve-Vocal-For-ASX-ZSN-ZS10.jpg

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #1,320 of 3,241
I've fallen down the eartip rabbit hole a whee bit after trying to get my Blon BL01s to sound just right... So far I've tried Sony hybrids (love them on my IER-M9), Spinfits (found it helped bring up mids), and Final E tips (found it boosted the low end, and extended the high end). Oh and I absolutely loathe KZ starlines

-How do the EarFit lights compare to the normal EarFits? I saw they were a lighter material which sounded interesting though wondering if the bore gets squished more easily too
-I did noticed people on Amazon suggesting dropping a size down for sedna xelastecs? Has that been your alls experience especially when compared to Final tip sizing?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back