Best IEM tips?
Sep 11, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #186 of 3,420
i really wish that a new idea for tips comes out that solves fit issues for people who do not like to do customs

i tried the spiral dost and to me they are a no no no with my sony xba z5

i am awaiting the spinfits although now i do not have so much hope on them either after reading some reviews

i really need to solve my fit issue with xba z5, the best sound of the sony xba z5 is the sony hybrid foam filled ones, but they hurt my right ear when i use the medium size and when i use the large ones it feels big, and the small ones are no good at all. the stock silicon sony tip without foam do not give the same quality of sound as the foam filled ones

dam i really need to find a solution, the shure olives have a small opening and make the sound not as good as well

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #187 of 3,420
  i really wish that a new idea for tips comes out that solves fit issues for people who do not like to do customs

i am awaiting the spinfits although now i do not have so much hope on them either after reading some reviews

i really need to solve my fit issue with xba z5, the best sound of the sony xba z5 is the sony hybrid foam filled ones, but they hurt my right ear when i use the medium size and when i use the large ones it feels big, and the small ones are no good at all. the stock silicon sony tip without foam do not give the same quality of sound as the foam filled ones

dam i really need to find a solution, the shure olives have a small opening and make the sound not as good as well

What about Comply foam tips?

Sep 11, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #188 of 3,420
  What about Comply foam tips?

Best tips I've ever used and continue to use. They're pretty expensive make no mistake but oh they're so awesome. They isolate better than any other tip ive used (VERY close second is the foam that comes with shure) but these don't stick to my ears after wearing them for a while like the shures do. Also the form fitting factor is awesome of these

However a bit of a downside to these is they break apart fairly quick in relation to other tips. I go through a pair about every 1.5-2 weeks but I do everything in mine including working out (and I'm a pull of sweat haha) so keep that in mind. BUT my fiancee uses them just occasionally and shes yet to go through a pair 

Sep 13, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #189 of 3,420
asdQuote:

have you tried ortofon tips? I've been using them with my stage diver sd-2s.. they're extremely soft so they won't hurt my ears. they sound good as well

Sep 13, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #190 of 3,420
I vote shure olive tips. Works perfectly with my um3x and creates this suction effect upon removable which I assume is good cos it indicates a good seal? 
What's strange is I've found smaller holes like the shure olive tips allows for more bass response. 
I'm currently struggling to find a good seal with my 4ai..the nozzle is too large to fit the shure tips. 
So far I find that smaller tips create better bass but looses detail and large tips allows for more detail but reduces volume. 

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #191 of 3,420
I've discovered Crystal Tips (Crystalline Audio, http://www.crystalline-audio.com) after backing them on Kickstarter. Very comfy, way more durable than those Comply foam tips, and reasonably affordable. The tips "expand" way faster, had to get used to that for a bit..
They have a version 2 now (I received version 1 which offered 2 choices: cylinder and spherical and different colors as well), it seems that they only offer black cylinder now.
The tips work very well with my Jaybird Bluebuds X, and also with my Trinity Delta's (they fit my medium inner core tips..lucky me!). They have a compatibility list on their site as well: http://www.crystalline-audio.com/compatibility

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #192 of 3,420
I have the Beats Tour 2.0, the ear tips have a very good seal. However, I don't know whether it is actually the ear tips or the big nozzle which makes the seal so good. Any thoughts on this?

Nov 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #193 of 3,420
Does anyone happen to know where you can get Sony Hybrid tips WITHOUT having to buy the assorted size pack? I bought the assorted pack on Amazon but of course only one of the sizes actually fits (the largest one). Crazy to spend about 12 bucks (edit: actually now 16.95 + shipping) each time I want a pair and then have the 3 other pairs that don't fit. I can't seem to find a listing anywhere online for just that large size. I tried the Radio Shack knockoffs but none of them fit.    

Thanks in advance for help!

Apr 4, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #195 of 3,420
  is spin fit tips good for noise isolation?

It gives me good isolation, as it can bend slightly to fit into the ear canal, but some say it changes the sound sonically too..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back