Best IEM tips?
Jan 10, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #1,186 of 3,291
Kinda similar,
A type is more pointier but is also larger.
When I get home I will take some photos of A type L and M beside the E type L.
As promised

Short sound impressions:
- Type E gives you more powerful bass;
- Type A gives you more holographic imaging - Does not cut that much of the edges of FD01 compared to E.

Physical notes:
- Type E has thinner exterior and thicker interior core.
- Type A core is very soft / flexible and can removed from the nozzle of FD01 much easier compared to E.

Here are the photos
Final Tips E vs A - 01.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 02.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 03.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 04.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 05.jpg

Jan 10, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #1,187 of 3,291
As promised

Short sound impressions:
- Type E gives you more powerful bass;
- Type A gives you more holographic imaging - Does not cut that much of the edges of FD01 compared to E.

Physical notes:
- Type E has thinner exterior and thicker interior core.
- Type A core is very soft / flexible and can removed from the nozzle of FD01 much easier compared to E.

Here are the photos
Final Tips E vs A - 01.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 02.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 03.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 04.jpgFinal Tips E vs A - 05.jpg
Thank you very much.

It looks like at least you won't mistake one for the other since they are physically different lol.

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,189 of 3,291
My pleasure!

For sure you won’t :)

Do you have Sony tips? Are larger than Type E?
I do have them. The EP-EX11, they are a bit smaller I think but biggest difference is that the stem isnt as long as the type e´s. So they dont fit as deep as the type e.

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,191 of 3,291
Thanks!
I need to get me one of those for the collection :)
The Sony tips are like a budget type E´s. Very similar sound but doesnt fit as many iems and isnt as deep fitting for your ears.

Jan 10, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #1,193 of 3,291
Seems that the fakes I got are very similar.
I got the fakes too. They are very very different, you can feel that they are super cheap. Yes they do look alike but thats the only similar factor.

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #1,194 of 3,291
The Sony tips are like a budget type E´s. Very similar sound but doesnt fit as many iems and isnt as deep fitting for your ears.

Yes, yes and yes.
Just got mine today and love it. Idk what is it cause of, the material getting warm and feels nice in my ears canal 🥰
Hate the Sony's, feels itchy 😣

5976122.png

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #1,195 of 3,291
I've rolled into this IEM stuff very recently and have done some tip-rolling during the weekend. Interesting to say the least!
Now I'm looking for some different types of Spinfit tips. But In Europe it seems like the only real source is some Polish shop selling them. I had to use Google translate to have any idea what the site says. Amazon (Germany and Netherlands) do have some types, but not the ones I'm looking for.
So if anyone knows a good place to buy them from in Europe I would appreciate it.

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #1,196 of 3,291
I've rolled into this IEM stuff very recently and have done some tip-rolling during the weekend. Interesting to say the least!
Now I'm looking for some different types of Spinfit tips. But In Europe it seems like the only real source is some Polish shop selling them. I had to use Google translate to have any idea what the site says. Amazon (Germany and Netherlands) do have some types, but not the ones I'm looking for.
So if anyone knows a good place to buy them from in Europe I would appreciate it.
MTMT Audio? I just tried Spinfit CP240 on TRN 8BA, totally a different animal now.😊

Jan 11, 2021 at 3:53 AM Post #1,198 of 3,291
Thanks! I'll check tem out. They ship to Europe. Lets see if the shipping costs are a bit in relation to the value of the tips.
Dun mention it, btw if you order above U$20 it's free shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back