Best IEM tips?
Jan 23, 2021 at 7:58 AM Post #1,217 of 3,289
Lol. I planned to put it on B2 (otw from Ali) since it have wide nozzles, i thought it will fit.
I have trouble with sticky rubber like Sony's Hybrid even at my ideal M size, still fighting a lot to fit and itchy 😣
For wide nozzles the regular azla is the best IMO. It can be too intense if the IEM is already a detail machine (like the NM2+) and it can drown the bass if the IEMs stem is too small.. But otherwise I love it. Detailed and tight transients.

About 99k IDR from tokped (Audion store).

If I'm not mistaken you bought the short Azla too right? They don't fit? Just how big is the B2 lol

Jan 24, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #1,218 of 3,289
I think it's for grippy enough on attaching the tips to your iem nozzle. Also in some packaging like mine, it comes with tip adapters. Will be easier to attach to that adapter.

61LhbCc+ZLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Just curious, where can you get those tip adapters? tia.

Jan 24, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #1,219 of 3,289
For wide nozzles the regular azla is the best IMO. It can be too intense if the IEM is already a detail machine (like the NM2+) and it can drown the bass if the IEMs stem is too small.. But otherwise I love it. Detailed and tight transients.

About 99k IDR from tokped (Audion store).

If I'm not mistaken you bought the short Azla too right? They don't fit? Just how big is the B2 lol

I have only the Standard SednaEarfits (non short/light), Xelastec otw shipment.
Heard from Crinacle at headphoneshow livestream that he recommended Xelastec for B2 Dusk.
Since it has same shell i tought it will work also for B2 og.

Just curious, where can you get those tip adapters? tia.

Came from this packaging:

Screenshot_20210125-011705~2.png
Screenshot_20210125-011710~2.png

Originally designed for small nozzles like Shure iem.

Jan 24, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #1,220 of 3,289
Looking for sizing advice on Final and SpinFit ear tips.

I've got size L Dekoni bulletz, which are working well for me, so can I assume size L in Final and SpinFits?

Haven't had much luck with silicon tips in the past, but want to try some of the better ones..

tia

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #1,221 of 3,289
I have only the Standard SednaEarfits (non short/light), Xelastec otw shipment.
Heard from Crinacle at headphoneshow livestream that he recommended Xelastec for B2 Dusk.
Since it has same shell i tought it will work also for B2 og.

Came from this packaging:

Screenshot_20210125-011705~2.pngScreenshot_20210125-011710~2.png

Originally designed for small nozzles like Shure iem.
Xelastecs are great fit- and comfort-wise but the sound isn't for me. They make vocals sound a bit hollow / echo-y. Just a tiny bit though.

Jan 24, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #1,222 of 3,289
Looking for sizing advice on Final and SpinFit ear tips.

I've got size L Dekoni bulletz, which are working well for me, so can I assume size L in Final and SpinFits?

tia

I ordered large Final E tips, like those above only L, since I generally use Large Comply (or Anji Rui knockoffs) or Shure Olives. They are NOT as large. No seal -- kinda useless for me. I have also found large Dekonis too small in the past, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 3:31 AM Post #1,223 of 3,289
Xelastecs are great fit- and comfort-wise but the sound isn't for me. They make vocals sound a bit hollow / echo-y. Just a tiny bit though.
I feel the same way, but comfort-wise they're the best I've tried so far.

With normal silicone tips my ears hurt after about 2 hours. Sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Tried all the stock tips I have, Spiral Dots and Final E.

Really want to try SpinFits, but I don't want to spend 15$ for a pair when I don't know they're fitting my IEMs and my ears.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #1,224 of 3,289
Do any of you use TWS earbuds (True Wireless Sound)?? I'm curious if anyone uses 3rd party eartips with TWS here and if so what eartips with which TWS

Jan 25, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #1,225 of 3,289
I've been playing around with different types of eartips these last weeks and now I'm kind of confused.
There are some tips that I really like. But I get different results from day to day. Is this normal?
Ex. When using the stock L eartips on my Tin T2 plus, it usually sounds really good. But sometimes it's just too much bass and the mids sound a bit too much on the background. Usually the SpinFit CP100 XL sounds a bit leaner. It does that too when the stock L tips sound too bass heavy, which means they sound great and not too lean. They have cleaner highs on those days too.
So the soundsignature can change from day to day, with the same tips. Most noticeably on the bass but certainly not limited to the bass.
Since I keep notes for all the tips I tried, I can now make a good guess which ones will sound best for the day. (if my initia choice in tip doesn't sound the best)
Is this quite common or not?

Jan 25, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #1,226 of 3,289
I've been playing around with different types of eartips these last weeks and now I'm kind of confused.
There are some tips that I really like. But I get different results from day to day. Is this normal?
Ex. When using the stock L eartips on my Tin T2 plus, it usually sounds really good. But sometimes it's just too much bass and the mids sound a bit too much on the background. Usually the SpinFit CP100 XL sounds a bit leaner. It does that too when the stock L tips sound too bass heavy, which means they sound great and not too lean. They have cleaner highs on those days too.
So the soundsignature can change from day to day, with the same tips. Most noticeably on the bass but certainly not limited to the bass.
Since I keep notes for all the tips I tried, I can now make a good guess which ones will sound best for the day. (if my initia choice in tip doesn't sound the best)
Is this quite common or not?

Sometimes even with the same tips, you could perceive the sonic signature to be different due to the following reasons:
1) Ambient environment - generally bass is lost in a noisy environment, so in general for outdoors music tends to sound less bassy than indoors
2) Attention/psychology - generally we tend to be more observant of microdetails and stuff when we are alert and not distracted/tired. Towards the end of the day, sometimes we are tired and just tune out certain frequencies/details?
3) Volume played at - Fletcher Munson curve - music is perceived to be V shaped at louder volumes, and U shaped at softer volumes. Sometimes we do not keep the same volume pot level and hence this may affect the frequency response.
4) Eartip insertion depth - deeper insertion tends to give better isolation in general and vice versa. So for some IEMs, just inserting it a few millimeters out of the ear canal can affect the bass, as isolation affects subbass a lot.
5) Baseline comparisons against other IEMs? - sometimes listening to a bassheavy IEM first, then later switching to a less bassy IEM straight away, the mind perceives the 2nd IEM to be very bass lite. And vice versa. So if you are doing listening sessions quickly with various IEMs, it might be good to reset your hearing by using something neutralish as a palette cleanser.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #1,227 of 3,289
Sometimes even with the same tips, you could perceive the sonic signature to be different due to the following reasons:
1) Ambient environment - generally bass is lost in a noisy environment, so in general for outdoors music tends to sound less bassy than indoors
2) Attention/psychology - generally we tend to be more observant of microdetails and stuff when we are alert and not distracted/tired. Towards the end of the day, sometimes we are tired and just tune out certain frequencies/details?
3) Volume played at - Fletcher Munson curve - music is perceived to be V shaped at louder volumes, and U shaped at softer volumes. Sometimes we do not keep the same volume pot level and hence this may affect the frequency response.
4) Eartip insertion depth - deeper insertion tends to give better isolation in general and vice versa. So for some IEMs, just inserting it a few millimeters out of the ear canal can affect the bass, as isolation affects subbass a lot.
5) Baseline comparisons against other IEMs? - sometimes listening to a bassheavy IEM first, then later switching to a less bassy IEM straight away, the mind perceives the 2nd IEM to be very bass lite. And vice versa. So if you are doing listening sessions quickly with various IEMs, it might be good to reset your hearing by using something neutralish as a palette cleanser.

These all you mentioned are make senses.
In conclusion for point no.2 , do not do tips rolling ritual when tired.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #1,229 of 3,289
Which probably begs the question. Do I desire that which only provides any benefit while at maximum focus?

At least it seems like when I listen to music, I don't wanna focus, I wanna relax.

Some folks listen to music to analyze it (critical listening) or sometimes do stage monitoring/studio work, so I guess different strokes for different folks.

Jan 25, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #1,230 of 3,289
Besides the poster boy for shallow insertion eartips, the Sednaearfits. What are other popular choices for shallow insertion?

Edit: Typo.

The ones with the shortest bores that I've found:

Wide bore: Tennmak Whirlwinds will roll off sub bass, Spiral Dots are a bit longer and preserve more sub bass, Azla shorts guarantee lots of treble without sacrificing sub bass but also seem to reduce mid bass impact. Xelastecs would be on this list but they seem to behave completely randomly and I can't get a handle on what they work with. KBear just released the Believe tips I think, which make for another super low profile option, haven't tested them on anything but the Believes so far.

Penon Audio for a medium bore width - just awesome, great seal, no weird resonances, my default tip on a lot of sets for sheer comfort before I start getting OCD. https://penonaudio.com/3-pairs-in-ear-silicone-eartips.html

Sony clones for narrow bore - work really well on my T800s, havent needed them for anything else - tiny, basically. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000044794297.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.33ad4c4dpGKPJ5

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back