Best IEM tips?
Jul 8, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #811 of 3,270
I wonder how they compare to Mandarins?
Me too, but I’ve never tried them. I think in general, while very good in theory, in practice for me, I don’t find them comfortable. Both these and ones that I made up myself. I think the foam puts too much outward pressure on the silicone, and I find that uncomfortable, unless I use a size that fits loosely, but then there’s really no increased isolation.

Jul 8, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #812 of 3,270
Me too, but I’ve never tried them. I think in general, while very good in theory, in practice for me, I don’t find them comfortable. Both these and ones that I made up myself. I think the foam puts too much outward pressure on the silicone, and I find that uncomfortable, unless I use a size that fits loosely, but then there’s really no increased isolation.
maybe use the more porous foam like the Comply active series

Jul 9, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #813 of 3,270
Anybody have spare genuine stock white tips of AKG Samsung Earphones? I've tried Spinfit, FiiO and Tennmark but still impressed by the ones from Samsung and consider them to be the best for my ears:
1594267619708.png

Jul 9, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #815 of 3,270
Well that's that done then. Just paid the sum of forty seven NZ dollars for two pairs of Azla 'XELASTEC' tips! Might this be a new benchmark in audio expenditure? The makers claim that their production is "difficult and complicated', and who am I to dispute that, when they invoke materials that nobody has even heard of (yet)? But hey, MTMT Audio seem like a winning outfit, for sure... and their prices are still lower than the actual Japanese ones...

Jul 9, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #818 of 3,270
The regular length AZLA Sedna Light tips have been a revelation for me as someone who was mostly away from the audio scene the past 5 years or so. I can't believe the crap ear tips (no-name kinds, really) I just accepted as my lot in life until I started nosing around Head-fi again the past couple months.

Jul 10, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #820 of 3,270
I got the xelastics since two days. these are the best tips ever.

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:07 AM Post #823 of 3,270
Checked at Mtm audio, 30 USD for 4 tips? Are we crazy or what?
This is headfi , so yes. That's been my issue with buying multiple tips, Add it up and you could probably get a set of impressions done!

Jul 10, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #824 of 3,270
Where did you order them from?

Thanks
Checked at Mtm audio, 30 USD for 4 tips? Are we crazy or what?
This is headfi , so yes. That's been my issue with buying multiple tips, Add it up and you could probably get a set of impressions done!

They're on Amazon US for 19$ now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08BRB1VPY/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A2T7LTHMQ84MCF&psc=1

That's still too much for me, but it's much better than 30. I wish these and the other Azla tips were sold in multi size packs like the Spinfit CP360.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #825 of 3,270

Users who are viewing this thread

Back