Best IEM tips?
May 15, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #496 of 3,234
For me, these are quite different.

Symbios W (peeled) have a stiffer silicone, are slightly smaller in OD and the bore though on the larger side is smaller than the Spiral dot. The sound effect for me is that the mid bass is slightly accentuated, highs fairly controlled if not attenuated slightly and the soundstage is medium sized. In my opinion, the New Bees tips are darn near identical in sound and construction but use a softer silicone which for me is more comfortable for prolonged listening. The New Bees sizes are a tiny bit larger. I use the large tips in both.

The Spiral Dots have a softer silicone, hence are more comfortable than the Symbios and New Bees and the bore is larger with the Spiral dot pattern. The mid bass is flatter allowing more subbass presence and the highs extended giving a larger soundstage. I consider these tips more neutral with the largest soundstage of tips I've tried. The OD of these tips larger than the equivalent Symbios and New Bees sizes and for me are a better fit and provide a better seal.

With most IEMs, when new, if they have too much treble, I'll use a Sony Hybrid tip, MH755 tip or Symbio/New Bees to control the treble. I've found once burned in, if the treble subsides, i switch to the Spiral Dot and that will be my preferred to unless i want to kick up the low end and attenuate treble. You don't have to believe in burn in, but that's my experience and I have a couple data points supporting this.

Hmm...I've never heard of New Bees. Is there a specific type that you recommend (wider bore) or are these essentially it? https://www.amazon.com/Earphone-Premium-Replacement-Blocking-Headphones/dp/B071Z6J3XL

May 15, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #497 of 3,234
May 15, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #503 of 3,234
Awesome, thank you. How do they compare to the Symbio W (have you used the foam and non-foam)?

I find the Symbio foam too stiff for its application and it just adds to the discomfort. Perhaps i should revisit this. I have a couple packs with foam but they just sit there. The New Bee from memory might have just a tad less impact but due to comfort I prefer them over the Symbio. I really liked the Symbio when I first ordered them. The stiffer silicone also seems to work it's way out of your ear more frequently.

My favorites are final type e and spiral dots

Both great tips. The Final Type E are pointier and fit much differently from the Spiral Dots which are flatter. I need to order another set of Type E's. I like them more for bullet style IEMs strangely. Recently stocked up on Spiral Dots and then they release the (expensive) upgraded tips! Don't they know they already cost a lot?

I've been trying to figure out how to get final type E eartips. Could you perhaps point me to where I can buy them (i'm in the USA)

Audio 46 also sells Final Type E. They are strange though, they have different listings on their website and eBay site and if you call, they have even more selection. I called and they listed what I wanted online so free shipping applied. Nice people at Audio 46.

May 16, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #507 of 3,234
Hmm, I love the spiral dots and would love to try out the +. Can’t seem to find them anywhere though.

me too but i dont expect a night / day difference

I remember reading that they only come with an IEM, although I don’t remember which model. I assume they’ll be offering the + version separately at some point soon (if they haven’t already done so).

May 16, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #508 of 3,234

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back