Best IEM tips?
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #3,168 of 3,343
Just purchased the new version of my favorite eartips ever made. Will compare to the others when I get them. Right now the yen is in the dirt so buying from Amazon JP is very cheap.
Screenshot_20240403_124541_Gallery.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #3,169 of 3,343
The original version of Spiral dots does a good job in smoothing out the harsh treble.
Will give those puppies a looksee thanks brew
Did the final E tips not work? Those are usually my go to thanks to the tiny bore.
There's still some sibilance here and there, unless they actually smoothen them perfectly for other people then I'm likely to start blaming the mixes of the songs I listen to, maybe Proj M is just that revealing to badly mixed tracks

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #3,170 of 3,343
Will give those puppies a looksee thanks brew

There's still some sibilance here and there, unless they actually smoothen them perfectly for other people then I'm likely to start blaming the mixes of the songs I listen to, maybe Proj M is just that revealing to badly mixed tracks
I'll check my collection and see what I can recommend. As for the OG spiral dots you can find them rly cheap on the Penon website. You can even grab 3 different sizes.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #3,175 of 3,343
My orders of 5 varieties of tips arrived today so I could find one style that I like, I opened the first box and fitted Divonius Velvets in medium large to my Symphonium Meteor and quickly placed the other 4 varieties in my drawer to list/sell later. My extensive review is below

Buy Velvet

Thank you for reading

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 5:06 PM Post #3,176 of 3,343
Dunno about 'best', I own most of the usual suspects (Azla, Clarion, Final, Spinfit, Spiral Dots, Dunu S&S, ...), but these medium-wide bores are some of my favorites for more than 6 years now - on most of my IEMs they almost click into my ear canals like Lego, seal extremely well without any fumbling, are comfortable and stay put.
Whenever I get a new pair of IEMs I usually start out with them and try some other suckers later on. They're pretty affordable, come in 6 different colors and are well worth a try IMO.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32856640919.html
or search on AliX for: OOTDTY 4 Pairs Silicone Earbud Tips Replace For Beats Powerbeats 2/3 Wireless Headphone

1712177371539-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #3,177 of 3,343
My orders of 5 varieties of tips arrived today so I could find one style that I like, ...
The 5-pair set is great to get to know them, but I felt having 2 pairs of each size was simply not redundant enough... :see_no_evil:

Needed to work on the sizes I use... Then, this showed up today...

1712181824654.png

Now I'm done with these Velvets.

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:35 PM Post #3,178 of 3,343
The 5-pair set is great to get to know them, but I felt having 2 pairs of each size was simply not redundant enough... :see_no_evil:

Needed to work on the sizes I use... Then, this showed up today...

1712181824654.png

Now I'm done with these Velvets.

I think you misunderstood, I ordered 5 varieties of tips (see below) meaning I ordered 5 different brands of tips, I never bothered testing them, most have now been sold on classifieds,

Moondrop springtips in medium and large sizes

Tangzu Tang Sancai wide bore in medium and large

Tangzu Tang Sancai in balanced in medium and large

Azla SednaFit Origin in medium and large

Divinus Velvet in 5 sizes pack……….which I now realise was a stupid-stupid-stupid thing to do, it’s my favourite tip! :anguished: Why did I buy the variety pack?

Apr 3, 2024 at 6:37 PM Post #3,179 of 3,343
I think you misunderstood, I ordered 5 varieties of tips (see below) meaning I ordered 5 different brands of tips, I never bothered testing them, most have now been sold on classifieds,

Moondrop springtips in medium and large sizes

Tangzu Tang Sancai wide bore in medium and large

Tangzu Tang Sancai in balanced in medium and large

Azla SednaFit Origin in medium and large

Divinus Velvet in 5 sizes pack……….which I now realise was a stupid-stupid-stupid thing to do, it’s my favourite tip! :anguished: Why did I buy the variety pack?
Imo buying variety size always good. You never know how a tip will fit. Sometimes you need to size up or down.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #3,180 of 3,343
Picked up a set of medium Coreir brass tips and was feeling luke warm pairing with several of my main IEMs. Was going to write them off when I decided to put them on my OG Solaris.

My goodness, they’ve breathed some life back into these! They were relegated to 3rd or 4th in my IEM collection recently but paired with the coreir tips, they might be vying for top spot again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back