Best IEM tips?
Mar 24, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #3,136 of 3,324

I've just finished reviewing the Penon Liqueur eartips, which you're invited to read here. :smile:

They come in orange & black, both slightly different - thoroughly recommend the black versions if you need tips with top-notch isolation.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #3,138 of 3,324
I've just finished reviewing the Penon Liqueur eartips, which you're invited to read here. :smile:
Great write-up. Tried the oranges ones here as well.

At $9.90 for 3 pairs the Penon Liqueur eartips are a no-brainer for earphone fanatics.
For the price, it is certainly a must-have in the collection, but I would still choose the TRI Clarions 8/10 times -- just to keep in a similar price bracket.

Cheers.

Mar 24, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #3,139 of 3,324
Great write-up. Tried the oranges ones here as well.

For the price, it is certainly a must-have in the collection, but I would still choose the TRI Clarions 8/10 times -- just to keep in a similar price bracket.

Cheers.
Sadly both the triclarion and Penon tips are big even with the smallest size. They're not very comfy with long nozzle iems(Aroma). With a bigger size they push out.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #3,140 of 3,324
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #3,142 of 3,324
Here's my personal list of best eartips in my collection. No specific order.

Radius DeepMount Clear my personal favorite. The black ones aren't bad either.
Eletech Baroque spiral dots are a cheap alternative. These combine the Divinus Velvet feel with the spiral dot comfort to make one of the comfiest eartips I've ever tried. #3
Divinus Velvet Black & TWS both the og black ones and the TWS clear short ones are super comfy my #2.
Azla Vivid Edition my favorite azla eartips to date. Super comfy and fantastic sound. Not for shouty iems as the treble goes crazy.
NF Audio MS42 these are better than final E type imo. Super comfy and a nice smooth sound. Pairs well with shouty iems.
BGVP Art Magic Vocal Eartips tied with baroque for most comfiest eartips. They even got the spinfit gimmick. The reason why they're not better is cuz they're fairly long and don't pair well with my Aromas long nozzle. Like the name implies vocal/mid centric eartip.
Random Grey Red eartips so I've gotten a few generic eartips from old iems and they're very good. Just a tip to never throw out eartips you never know what will work for you.
Penon Liqueur Black my favorite sticky eartip. Better than the orange.

20240323_175704.jpg
20240323_175732.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #3,143 of 3,324
If you guys ever need help/where to buy lmk. I've tried just about every "good" silicone eartip out there. There's some hidden gems out there for sure. Everything else in the box is A to B tier for me. Still good but not the best.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #3,144 of 3,324
Here's my personal list of best eartips in my collection. No specific order.

Radius DeepMount Clear my personal favorite. The black ones aren't bad either.
Eletech Baroque spiral dots are a cheap alternative. These combine the Divinus Velvet feel with the spiral dot comfort to make one of the comfiest eartips I've ever tried. #3
Divinus Velvet Black & TWS both the og black ones and the TWS clear short ones are super comfy my #2.
Azla Vivid Edition my favorite azla eartips to date. Super comfy and fantastic sound. Not for shouty iems as the treble goes crazy.
NF Audio MS42 these are better than final E type imo. Super comfy and a nice smooth sound. Pairs well with shouty iems.
BGVP Art Magic Vocal Eartips tied with baroque for most comfiest eartips. They even got the spinfit gimmick. The reason why they're not better is cuz they're fairly long and don't pair well with my Aromas long nozzle. Like the name implies vocal/mid centric eartip.
Random Grey Red eartips so I've gotten a few generic eartips from old iems and they're very good. Just a tip to never throw out eartips you never know what will work for you.
Penon Liqueur Black my favorite sticky eartip. Better than the orange.

20240323_175704.jpg20240323_175732.jpg
Super helpful! Can you comment on which ones you think we should size up or down? I have a hard time deciding on the size solely based on the diameter of the eartips… they vary so much.

Also, any popular ones that you did not like?

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #3,145 of 3,324
Super helpful! Can you comment on which ones you think we should size up or down? I have a hard time deciding on the size solely based on the diameter of the eartips… they vary so much.

Also, any popular ones that you did not like?
I like to get a deep fit so I always go for the smallest size available. A lot of the times it's 10mm. Sometimes brands only go down to 11.

As for popular tips I didn't like Spinfit W1 poor isolation for me. Pentacon Courier Brass. They're just way too big even with a small. Azla regular/light/light & short/origin.
They all have the effect of extending your iem nozzle. My iem already has an insanely long nozzle so it's no good. Also the light & short just felt less plush than vivid. Led to discomfort about 30ish minutes in.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #3,148 of 3,324
Yeah, it's probably that. They're pretty bassy. Like top 2 bassiest eartips I tried.

I think they can be more bassy than some only because they seal very well because of the sticky material used.

There is nothing about the dimensions and design that should make a difference, they are a very average shape and average bore size tip.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #3,149 of 3,324
I think they can be more bassy than some only because they seal very well because of the sticky material used.

There is nothing about the dimensions and design that should make a difference, they are a very average shape and average bore size tip.
In contrast I felt the black ones were much less bassy. Overall balanced sound.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #3,150 of 3,324
In contrast I felt the black ones were much less bassy. Overall balanced sound.

Sorry, you just said they were bassy now they aren’t ?

Do you mean black versus orange ?

I think any difference is perhaps down to potentially not getting a proper fit with one set because they can sometimes be a little tricky seating since they are sticky, especially if the tips and your ears are clean and dry. Once seated they also do take a little time to really stick in the ear which improves seal and hold.

Despite a lot of comments to the contrary the black and orange are dimensionally identical and to me, fitted properly, they sound the same and I have heard a number of people say the same thing.

I think often people hear differences because they expect them not because they are there or for reasons related to the seal being different.

Obviously your mileage varies but that has been my findings having messed around a lot with two sizes of both colours over several IEM.

They have become my preference on the S12 Pro and IE600 because they seal and hold well with the short tips. With the good seal comes good sound, I don’t think they bring anything specifically different to other tips except the sticky material. I like that they are sticky but not as sticky and bulbous shaped as the XELASTEC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back