Best IEM tips?
Dec 14, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #2,836 of 3,319
Are the KBear on the soft side or stiff side? Personally I find the Azla Sedna Max to be somewhat firm yet very supple. They are slightly short, though, perhaps making a larger size easier to fit?

About average, certainly firmer than things like Fiio HS18. Not a particularly long tip either, reach is shorter than SpinFit CP100 or Dunu S&S. Somewhat similar to the Tangzu Tang Sancai tips without the texturing.

Dec 16, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #2,837 of 3,319
Good morning all.

Today i pick up from post office eartips, what i must have in collection. Eletech Baroque. First about price. 50 USD for 4 pairs. 15 USD post cost. And next 18 USD tax and customs fees. Aaaaa this is.... But ok. When is top no problemo.

I try it with my Empire Ears Odin. And compare it only with Symbio W 2023 model MadarinS, which suits me best with Odin. I try songs like Anete Askiv - Liberty. Amazing record of women voice. Symbio has more detail (Voice, saxo) and this is exactly why i have Odin in collection. For this amazing detail. With Symbio soundstage are wider and deeper. And for example song Chris Stapleton - Death Row, here is easy to detect, that missing with Baroque bigger and wider space where was this song recorded. For bass tones and man voice i try everytime song Avi Kaplan - Change on the rise. Here i dont found any difference between this eartips.

Baroque are very soft and comfortable. Easy to put on Odin. Loong listening without problem. Fit well in my ears. So here its very good. Later i try it with Annihilator and other IEMs.
I wish you all perfect listening a nice weekend.

20231216_110550.jpg
20231216_110514.jpg

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #2,838 of 3,319
I'm not sure why spinfits are so popular, even with the largest tips that my ears could handle for the best seal, half the bass was deleted for me. The comfort is fine but for my B2D I ended up sticking with the default tips. Xelastecs have better seal and slightly better sound but they're so painful to use with the stickiness

Dec 17, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #2,839 of 3,319
I'm not sure why spinfits are so popular, even with the largest tips that my ears could handle for the best seal, half the bass was deleted for me. The comfort is fine but for my B2D I ended up sticking with the default tips. Xelastecs have better seal and slightly better sound but they're so painful to use with the stickiness
It depends on your ears, your IEMs and your preferences. I like Spinfits, especially the CP145 for my EE Evo. Which Spinfit have you tried?

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #2,841 of 3,319
Try out Tangzu Sancai if you can. The balanced one for more bass but still with clarity, wide bore for more mid high with respectable bass. I absolutely hate sticky eartips too and these tips are like the opposite of those with the groved umbrellas. Doesn't break bank either.

Dec 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #2,842 of 3,319
The Tangzu are great, they remind me of AZLA SednaEarfit Short Light. The most comfortable tips for me. I also really dislike sticky ones.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #2,844 of 3,319
Got the TRI Clarion today, used them for 2 hours now they might be replacing the Spiral Dots ++ on my FiiO FD7.

Dec 19, 2023 at 6:08 AM Post #2,846 of 3,319
I recently bought Dunu s&s, Spinfit cp100 plus and cp145, TRN t-tip, Whizzer, TRN foam and Comply foam t-100.
The Spinfit cp 100 plus were supposed to be compatible with my Etymotic ER2XR but they aren’t. Not by far. They sound terrible. The cp100 sound great on my 1more Penta and Hidisz mp145. Both foam tips work great on my IEM’s that sound to bright (Hidizs MS2 and Kz PR3). The Dunu’s sound ok on my TRN Conch an Chu 2. The t-tips and Whizzer I won’t be using. They don’t sound good with any of my IEM’s.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #2,847 of 3,319
For me, it is Sony hybrids. I use them on XBA-A3, and they stay better in my ear canals.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #2,848 of 3,319
I never really liked ear tips besides foam. I've tried some other tips but I always come back to my comply 500 L size. With other tips I feel that I don't get a good enough seal for me. Maybe my ear canal is too large or maybe I'm a basshead :smile:. I already tried stock ear tips, dunu s&s, azla xelastec, 7HZ H07 (all of them with the largest size available)... I got curious about the spinfits and moondrop spring tips too, but after testing the others I think I'll have the same opinion about those. I also ordered some hybrids symbio ear tips, but I think that those got lost somewhere in the delivery (I still have to contact the seller about that)...

I don't know, I guess I'd like to have other kinds of ear tips that I enjoy besides the comply ones, but oh well :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 10:35 PM Post #2,849 of 3,319
Posted this in the Final thread but though you guys would be interested too:

2. E500 with the Tennmak Whirlwind eartips vs the E-eartip, un-normalized vs normalized at 1kHz

Photo Dec 22 2023, 7 02 35 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 22 2023, 7 22 35 PM.jpg
The difference in soundstage, as you can imagine, is night and day.

Dec 23, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #2,850 of 3,319
I never really liked ear tips besides foam. I've tried some other tips but I always come back to my comply 500 L size. With other tips I feel that I don't get a good enough seal for me. Maybe my ear canal is too large or maybe I'm a basshead :smile:. I already tried stock ear tips, dunu s&s, azla xelastec, 7HZ H07 (all of them with the largest size available)... I got curious about the spinfits and moondrop spring tips too, but after testing the others I think I'll have the same opinion about those. I also ordered some hybrids symbio ear tips, but I think that those got lost somewhere in the delivery (I still have to contact the seller about that)...

I don't know, I guess I'd like to have other kinds of ear tips that I enjoy besides the comply ones, but oh well :sweat_smile:

Try the Tennmak foams, best ones I've tried. Tougher and better memory effect, so they stay compressed well until after insertion. Also much cheaper than Comply!:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back