Best headphones to go to bed with?
Mar 25, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #31 of 47
does it have to be a headphone? because i have a nice recommendation....

1000x500px-LL-a82a926f_Robot_lady_ipod_dock_by_DJ_JFunk.jpg

Body-Speakers-by-Bob-Turek.jpg

Mar 25, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #34 of 47
IEM's for sure so you can lay your head on it's side.  Nothing like getting comfy in bed with some cans then wanting to roll over and can't because of the huge luggers in the way.

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #35 of 47
I throw in another vote for the ER-6i's I use ER-6's but they are discontinued.
But usually I use.... SPEAKERS!!! Imagine that nothing on your head or in your ears, just music everywhere (hmmm I sounded like a jerk saying that.. meh)

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #36 of 47

Quote:
Imagine that nothing on your head or in your ears, just music everywhere (hmmm I sounded like a jerk saying that.. meh)

INCONCEIVABLE. What foul manner of existence is this, that one would live, and revel in music, without the presence of our Most Ineffable Headphones or Most Immaculate IEMs?

You foul, you lie - your words are a heresy most uncouth and unsought!

(Also the only speakers I have are the cheap ones that are integrated into my otherwise pretty good monitors; also I have roommates.)

-- Griffinhart

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #37 of 47
FORGET ABOUT YOUR ROOMMATES!!! They will learn to love your music or GTFO!
I listen to classic music at night btw...

Mar 26, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #38 of 47

Quote:
FORGET ABOUT YOUR ROOMMATES!!! They will learn to love your music or GTFO!

Nah, brah, nah. With them, I pay < $400 a month for a 3 bed, 2 bath, two-floor apartment. Without them, I'd either be in a crappier place, or paying up to ~$1900 a month. Hell, they get irritated enough as it is with my whistling along to my music. (I've learned to stop whistling once it gets past about midnight or so.)

(I listen to... a lot of different genres. Been on a dubstep kick recently since my DT770s can actually reproduce the bass drops reasonably, but prior to that I listened to metal, techno, classical.... basically everything but country [mostly because I've yet to acquire {or even hear of} a country remix of any Touhou themes].)

-- Griffinhart

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:18 AM Post #39 of 47
I've fallen asleep with my Ed8 (normal ones), something I'll never do again...

But usually me I actually want to go the bed with headphones my HD650 works well.

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:48 AM Post #41 of 47
Anything closed back if you want a full size pair of headphones would probably be best. 
If you want a in-ear monitors to sleep with, no problem at all. 

Mar 26, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #42 of 47
Are you serious? I might give it a try if I feel brave enough.

Quote:
I fall asleep with the HD-800 all the time. Never hurt them.

And, for whatever reason, the cat hasn't taken an interest in the cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back