Best headphones to go to bed with?
Jul 8, 2005 at 6:16 PM Post #17 of 47
senn 650's - those were awesome to fall asleep to, very comfortable for me, like the softness of the pads as well, very pillow ergonomic as well.

And if you have a hard time sleeping, the 650's actually helped me go to sleep, its smooth sound was like a culling song that lulled me to sleep

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:23 PM Post #18 of 47
I am getting a e2c by shure. I have a HD600 and the problem with it is you can't roll around while wearing it
frown.gif
isn't that sad?

correction: I am getting a er6i from buy.com finally. I don't know if these iem are my thing or not. I guess I'll not know unless I try them out.

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #19 of 47
Another vote for "whatever ones she's wearing" but I'd say the best bet by far would be customized IEMs (but perhaps that is equally obvious).

Of the full size headphones that I've tried, the DT880's worked best in terms of comfort. The only problem is that they are open so you do need to keep the pillow away from the headphones or it will distort the sound. I suspect something like the DT770's or DT990's would work even better (same comfort factor, plus a closed design).

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:44 PM Post #22 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
XD

This thread is so dirty.

little did i know head-fiers are so .... pervy
icon10.gif

" i see your true colour " ...

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #23 of 47
The HD 650 are very convenient because in spite of its circumaural design, the earcups don't extend far to the back like the Beyerdynamic DT880 or Sony CD3000 do. In that regard, Grados have the same benefit due to their supraaural design. I don't like falling asleep with Etys or Shure simply because the big phones sound so much better.

Mar 25, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #25 of 47
These are the only headphones I sleep with, if you call them that. They are just like a headband. They aren't bulky, and a must buy if you like to listen to music in bed.

Heres the link: http://store.lighttherapyproducts.com/index.php/products-for-better-sleep/cd-s-for-better-sleep/sleep-phone-system-black-1.html

Mar 25, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #27 of 47

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
um, iem?

whats an iem?

Headphones 101:

1. Circum-aural cans : around the ears.
2. Supra-aural cans : on ears.
3. IEM : In ear monitor.

Circum and Supra aural cans are designed with earcups either on or around the ears while IEMs are designed for cavity penetration ( inside the ear canals ) .
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #29 of 47
Fallen asleep a few times with the DT 150's on, work well as bed headphones for me.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back