Best headphones for maximum $130?
Jun 9, 2012 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dakanao

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a good pair of headphones that leaks sound to a minimum, is very comfortable to wear for a few hours, has very good sound quality and very good bass, it doesn't matter if it's over ear or on ear.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #2 of 10
I got my Audio-Technica ATH-M50s for $131 from Amazon and everything about it except audio is excellent: build quality, comfort, etc. The audio is actually stellar in most cases although I suspect it of being defective (still working that out). The bass is fantastic when it's not crackling/buzzing.

I'd say it excels most at classical; the first time it really amazed me was when I listened to Canon in D.

Jun 9, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
I got my Audio-Technica ATH-M50s for $131 from Amazon and everything about it except audio is excellent: build quality, comfort, etc. The audio is actually stellar in most cases although I suspect it of being defective (still working that out). The bass is fantastic when it's not crackling/buzzing.
I'd say it excels most at classical; the first time it really amazed me was when I listened to Canon in D.

I can't afford the ATH-M50 with that price from where I live...

Jun 9, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #6 of 10
Denon DN-HP700, unusually great SQ for that price that meets all your demands (may vary depending where you live, US it's $100, in europe 140 EUR)

Other options are for example Fischer Audio FA-3 and KRK KNS 6400

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 10
  Denon DN-HP700, unusually great SQ for that price that meets all your demands (may vary depending where you live, US it's $100, in europe 140 EUR)

Other options are for example Fischer Audio FA-3 and KRK KNS 6400

THREAD REVIVAL! WHOOO

hello there rpgwizard, just wondering, have you heard both the hp700's and the FA-300's? i wanna know if you could make a short comparison (maybe even a longer one of you have the time). :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #9 of 10
  THREAD REVIVAL! WHOOO

hello there rpgwizard, just wondering, have you heard both the hp700's and the FA-300's? i wanna know if you could make a short comparison (maybe even a longer one of you have the time). :)

Lol, almost 2 years later, and I have the AKG K540 now, and it has great sound quality, but the sound lacks body, even though they have big bass...

Feb 10, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #10 of 10
im looking for someone who could do a comparision between the Fa-300's and the hp700's...i dont have them avilable for purchase here where i live, but im interested in getting one of them. I need someone to be my ears for me...i know that sounds nuts. but its the only thing i have going on, since i cant audition them here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back