Best headphones for bass under $200 buyers guide UPDATED
Aug 15, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #19 of 272
I really dont know how people can just be looking for bass headphones. Any true music enthusiast would know that music is part treble, bass and mids. Does music truly sound good with a subwoofer but no tweeter?

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #20 of 272
Ive only ever heard my HFI-580's.  I was planning on picking up some Pro 900's as the bass in the 580's Ive somewhat outgrown.  Now you got me thinking about D2000's.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM Post #22 of 272

Quote:
I really dont know how people can just be looking for bass headphones. Any true music enthusiast would know that music is part treble, bass and mids. Does music truly sound good with a subwoofer but no tweeter?

Hard to believe people don't have the same taste as you, aint it? 
rolleyes.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #25 of 272
Thanks for the guide Op. I've been considering to buy a pair of basshead hp's. Ultrasone models caught my attention. 

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 272

Quote:
Intruiging list...  makes me want to look for a set of D2000's used... 

Anyone know if this list has been done for In Ear buds?

I don't know if there's an iem comparison for bassheads, but the Klipsch Image S4s compliment the D2000 very nicely imo and are a fraction of the price.

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #29 of 272

Quote:
Thanks for the guide Op. I've been considering to buy a pair of basshead hp's. Ultrasone models caught my attention. 

ultrasone makes great headphones man you should go for it. my dream pair of basshead headphones is the ultrasone pro 900

Quote:
You gonna try the XB1000 or Pro 900 anytime soon?

as for the sony I have listened to them and I feel they are really really overpriced but i have not owned them so i would not feel right writing a review about them. the pro 900's on the other hand i have heard and was blown away. they are amazing and i wish to own them one day, alas again i do not own them so i cannot write a review.

Quote:
Hard to believe people don't have the same taste as you, aint it? 
rolleyes.gif

^LOL

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #30 of 272
D2000 is exceptional. Not only does it have extremely deep bass and nice soundstage, I feel its best aspect is far and away its fit and comfort, which even surpasses beyer's headphones. Raw bass quantity isn't truly basshead, but with minimum eq or bass heavy songs it will obliterate your skull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back