Best headphone for sleeping
Jan 4, 2007 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 74

javyn

New Head-Fier
Could someone recommend a good and comfortable headphone set for a newbie who wants something he can wear to bed? I sleep on my side so it makes things a little difficult...

580smile.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 74
I think most low-proffile IEM's will work. Although the ER4P's stick out a little and they might go in a little too far when you roll onto your side. It all depends on your budget. If not alot the Marshmellows I think would be good.

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #3 of 74
the ER 4P is not a good choice for this activity...
if the phones don't jab ur ear canal, you'll get annoyed by the microphonics that you'll experience just by moving around.

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 74
ibuds.

Small, comfortable, easily worn on one side if on side, or in both ears with little discomfort. Doesnt matter much if they get cought or tangled suring sleep.

Generally though, I would recommend agaisnt using headphones or earphones in bed at all if you will be going to sleep. Use a small speaker by the bedside instead if you must hear something.

Jan 4, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 74
If you find them comfortable, I find Grados with bowls to be great sleeper cans. They're so lightweight, they just disappear on your head, especially with the band stretched to your preference.

I usually go for my K701s though, as the dark and quiet of my room begs for the headstage and spaciousness.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 74
Try shure's IEM, i own a pair of e3c's, and can say they are quite confortable while lying sideways, as they'r realy small and don't stay inline with the earcanal, there are no worry's of it sliding deper into your ear canal, and not being "bulcky" is a grat advantage as you can lay with your head in a pillow and not even noticing them.
And the wire's are realy strong, so you don't have to worry on damaging them.
In the other end, they have realy bad reviews, as well as great (dho)! the only reason i can think is probably because the reviwer never got used to inserting them in the ear...(They can be tricky!) it took me a while to finaly understanding how to position them.

So i guess you should consider looking for a IEM that is small, and that doesn't stand directly and only in the ear canal.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #10 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by skaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try shure's IEM, i own a pair of e3c's, and can say they are quite confortable while lying sideways, as they'r realy small and don't stay inline with the earcanal, there are no worry's of it sliding deper into your ear canal, and not being "bulcky" is a grat advantage as you can lay with your head in a pillow and not even noticing them.
And the wire's are realy strong, so you don't have to worry on damaging them.
In the other end, they have realy bad reviews, as well as great (dho)! the only reason i can think is probably because the reviwer never got used to inserting them in the ear...(They can be tricky!) it took me a while to finaly understanding how to position them.

So i guess you should consider looking for a IEM that is small, and that doesn't stand directly and only in the ear canal.

E3c's are definitly the best for sleeping.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #12 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E3c's are definitly the best for sleeping.

Do you know what's even better?
rolleyes.gif

(I'm probably facing being baned just from saying this......
icon10.gif
)

There's nothing better for going to sleep while enjoying your favorite tunes in a good set of speakers!
Whell... not if you have company
rolleyes.gif

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 74
I suffer from insomnia so bought me some EC2 to fall asleep with, but I do find them a little uncomfortable sleeping on my side. I thought the $20.00 marshmallows were more comfortable.

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #14 of 74
without doubt the UM2's are the most comfortable IEM to sleep with, well at all actually. I really don't notice I have them in after a while, I can even lay right on my side without affecting things. I used to own a pair of E2c's and these were quite uncomfortable, I really do notice a big difference

Jan 4, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #15 of 74
The E500s are amazing for sleeping!!! Since the bud was desighned to fit inside your ear, they dont intrude your ear at all. You can lay the side of your head on a pillow, and you wont feel the E500s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back