Best full headphones for mainly listening to punk/rock but also classics: beatles etc
Apr 28, 2011 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

judyisapunk

New Head-Fier
Hi there

I was just searching around the internet for some good full headphones, and thought i may aswell get some real reviews from products. Im going to be mainly listening to general punk and indie stuff, and id like a pair that gives a good bass treble mix which is punchy for the punk, but also nice to listen to classics like the beatles, oasis, arctic monkeys. also possibly listening to fat boy slim type stuff, so generally like all round headphones, but are more towards the indie punk style.

im thinking i want to spend around £50 to maximum £120, and a pair that are comfortable. ill be listening to my ipod if that affects the decision, and i doubt anything else. 

replies would be great, cheers

Grado is a brand i have been looking into, the sr80i's, and ive heard of some alessandro's, not sure.
also, i am after reliability, and a hard wear pair
normal_smile%20.gif

also ha, i have had a look on this website, and was thinking of going for one of these http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/best-full-size-headphones.html

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #2 of 6
The SR80i is probably a great choice, if you don't mind the fit of on-ear headphones.  You also might consider the Alessandro MS1, which is the Alessandro equivalent of the SR80i.  Being from the UK, there's a good chance you might be able to find the MS1 cheaper than the SR80i.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 6
I had a pair of SR80 and they were great for rock.
Since then I have stepped up to the HF-2s.
However, I feel that an amp is required to get the best out of them.
Also, they are not really good for noisy environments, sound leaks out and external noise leaks in.

Jan 23, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Sorry to bump this thread.

I listen to the exact same stuff as mentioned above along with a bit of pop, hip hop, dance etc.  Can anyone recommend a good closed can for this?  Had a look at the K167 and the reviews mentioned the mids aren't as strong so considering the K267 but there haven't been any indepth reviews so far.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back