Best earphones for under $250?
Mar 30, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #34 of 51
FS = For Sale

Mar 30, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #35 of 51

Quote:
I don't listen to music to go to sleep.
How are you suppose to do that, anyway?

It helps me unwind and relax to fall asleep.  If I'm having a bout of insomnia, it gives me some entertainment while I try to fall asleep.  Before I was married, I would just play music through speakers in my bedroom.  My wife, like you, doesn't understand the idea of having music playing while going to sleep.  So for the last 8 years, I've had to listen to music through headphones while going to sleep.  It's no big deal, especially with IEMs like the 315's.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #37 of 51
Hey guys.
I have been reading through & found this thread interesting.

I listen to Techno/House/Progressive. So sound is important to me.
I am in the market for new earphones also.

Have been looking at these Shure 315s & thought they looked good.
But unfortunately, tend to find some people saying they are great, some not so.

Any advise or recommendations on other headphones?.. Or these, how are they specifically bass wise.?

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #39 of 51
The have some punch, but I wouldn't call them a bassy 'phone.  A basshead would be dissapointed I think.  But that isn't to say that you don't think they would have enough bass.

I've read that the TF10s have pronounced bass and treble.  I've also read that they lack in bass and treble and are "polite".  Which is it?  I don't know :).

Something I noticed last night with my 315's is that I could crank up the volume to where the bass was pretty thumpin' and overall it the music seemed pretty loud.  Yet, it was a comfortable volume even though it seemed like it should have been ear piercing.  I suspect that this is because there is so little distortion even at elevated volume levels, so there is little/no fatigue even at high volume levels. 

So, if you don't mind turning it up a bit, the 315's have some good bass punch from my experience.

Mar 31, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #40 of 51

Quote:
The have some punch, but I wouldn't call them a bassy 'phone.  A basshead would be dissapointed I think.  But that isn't to say that you don't think they would have enough bass.

I've read that the TF10s have pronounced bass and treble.  I've also read that they lack in bass and treble and are "polite".  Which is it?  I don't know :).

Something I noticed last night with my 315's is that I could crank up the volume to where the bass was pretty thumpin' and overall it the music seemed pretty loud.  Yet, it was a comfortable volume even though it seemed like it should have been ear piercing.  I suspect that this is because there is so little distortion even at elevated volume levels, so there is little/no fatigue even at high volume levels. 

So, if you don't mind turning it up a bit, the 315's have some good bass punch from my experience.

Thanks for the helpful insight.

I have emailed some headphones retailers here in Sydney.
One has replied & suggested the Ultimate Ears 700.

I guess what I meant in terms of the bass is i dont want thumping bass where it's all that can be heard. I just want a pair of phones that will reproduce it cleanly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back