best diana krall album
Dec 18, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #16 of 53
I like her earlier recordings in a small ensemble setting without the orchestra sound. I feel that those had showcased her voice better. "Love Scenes" and "All for you" were my favorites.

W

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #18 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by GregBe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, her Christmas album is pretty solid.

Pretty solid Yes, but don't you wish it was a little more up tempo? I like it but keep falling asleep
redface.gif

Feb 2, 2007 at 3:13 PM Post #22 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Live in Paris and The Girl in th Other Room for me

x2, but I haven't spent much time listening to her other cd's I own. The Girl in the Other Room was my first SACD and Live in Paris I watched because I liked the other cd, lol.

Feb 3, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer her earlier releases. "All for You" is a tribute to Nat King Cole with Russell Malone on guitar and is simply amazing. "When I look in Your Eyes" is also a brilliant recording.

Same thing here. The text from my signature is from the booklet that came with 'All For You', I chose it for my signature because puts into words what I think those 2 albums have, something unique and intimate that simply can't be found in any of her other albums. Just try listening to them and you'll see what I mean... (I hope)

Feb 3, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #24 of 53
Actually, I am a BIG FAN of Diana Krall, I have all of her CDs (most of them bought from used CD store). Here are my order:

Live in Paris (must HAVE) -> When I look In Your Eyes (best album) -> Love Scenes -> The Look of Love -> From This Moment -> All For You -> The Girl In the Other Room -> Only Trust Your Heart

Christmas Songs is a special CD, have to listen to it few times during Christmas
600smile.gif

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #25 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Live in Paris and The Girl in th Other Room for me

+1, I have almost all of her albums (missing just the latest) but these two are the ones that get the most play.... which is to say about every other album recently.

Ant

Feb 6, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But wich do you think is the best diana krall album and why?Thanks.

All of them!

I agree that I too enjoy her trio and quartet albums the best.
1- Stepping Out
2- All for you
3- Girl in the Other Room (SACD)

If you can pick up her "Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival" DVD. You will fall in love, all over again.
"Live in Paris" is great but gets a little old fashioned on some of the songs with the orchestra.

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:40 AM Post #27 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All of them!

I agree that I too enjoy her trio and quartet albums the best.
1- Stepping Out
2- All for you
3- Girl in the Other Room (SACD)

If you can pick up her "Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival" DVD. You will fall in love, all over again.
"Live in Paris" is great but gets a little old fashioned on some of the songs with the orchestra.

X2 to the entire post. The quartet things are where DK really shines - her "string things" I mostly play in the background when doing other things, if at all. And her "Montreal" was simply a better gig and better audio recording than "Paris." If you haven't heard/watched/bought/rented "Montreal" then get on the stick - it's the real deal...

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #29 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Her autograph is on my Love Scenes CD btw
eggosmile.gif

Show off....
wink.gif

did I mention I've been to one of her concerts?
tongue.gif

she was with a bit of a cold and said that the Portuguese were very nice to have offered her some honey for her throat. "It's very good with whisky" she said
600smile.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #30 of 53
Love Scenes rules for sound quality. Loads of air in the room around vocals and instruments.

Check out the mixer hiss they manually pot up and down on track 7 "Ghost of a chance".

Track 1 has a reference recording of acoustic bass.

I have spoke with several recording engineers. They all know of this recording and think it is of reference quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back