best diana krall album
Aug 10, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #31 of 53
I just hate that hissing. And I'd rather listen to it through the whole song... the fact that they're changing it's volume is even more distracting!

Everything eles is fine though

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #32 of 53
I'm a big fan of Diana Krall and love her CD's and Live in Paris DVD.
There are a few tunes which i think fantastics, but lately been listening a lot to Temptation from the The Girl In The Other Room album. It's fantastic and it has a lot to do with our hobby ...
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #33 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Live in Paris and The Girl in th Other Room for me

Agree!

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1
Track 1 has a reference recording of acoustic bass.

Agree, track 11 too. Iirc it's track eleven ("My Love is a Mountainside" in any case).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbonner1
Check out the mixer hiss they manually pot up and down on track 7 "Ghost of a chance".

Check this post from a while ago, when I reported precisely on that issue. I think it renders the recording a bit unnatural, bringing down a bit the "Reference Quality" status of the CD. Still a great recording nonetheless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoVibe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just hate that hissing. And I'd rather listen to it through the whole song... the fact that they're changing it's volume is even more distracting!

x2, see above.

Aug 10, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #38 of 53
Another "Live in Paris" vote. It's always disappointing to go back to her studio recordings after that... she sounds better live.

Either way, they all sound great and are recorded incredibly well.

Aug 11, 2007 at 12:26 AM Post #40 of 53
Forgot to mention that "Live in Paris" on DVD is also one of my favorites!

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Live in Paris".... because I like it!!

Same here. I love that recording and I generally like Live stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #42 of 53
I don't know if you guys will agree, but since we are all audiophiles, I would LOVE to hear your opinion on this. Personally, I have NEVER heard an album which is mastered better than The Girl in The Other Room. The mastering of the album is INSANE. The clarity of it is.. unprecedented. I strongly believe that there are better albums (SQ wise) out there, but this one must me in the TOP 10 at least!

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #44 of 53
Live in Paris. I always like to judge an artist by there live content. No chance for retakes.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #45 of 53
Agree with others on her Live in Paris CD being my favorite.  Really well produced and a nice level of intimacy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back