Best clip-on earphones?
Mar 2, 2008 at 3:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

tldoxmf87

100+ Head-Fier
I'm not exactly sure what they're called but I hope you understand..

I recently bought a used Westone UM2 and was happy with it. Actually I was too happy I just bought me a new pair and sold the used one..

Anyways I was wondering what the best clip-on earphones are..

When I have to listen to my surroundings I can't have my UM2s on because they'll completely block any sound outside.

I tried to search the forums but irrelevant threads kept showing up so I'm posting a new thread. Sorry if this was already discussed.

Help the newbie here! By the way price is not really a factor if it's under $500.

I listen to all kinds of music but I don't listen to rock.

Mar 2, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 23
are you talking about something like these?:
KSC75_1.jpg

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are the ksc75...found for less than $20 haha. One of the best of the best!

yup! the best clip-ons that I know of actually
I dont know if there are any 500$ clip ons
biggrin.gif

w/ 500$, you might as well go for full sized headphone or custom iems/ universal iems.
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #6 of 23
Mar 2, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, portable is very important. So I guess there are no high-end ear-clip headphones...??

As jgonino said, the Audio Technica EW9 is probably the most high end clip on you're going to be able to come by. But the KSC-75 and KSC-35 are easily the best low end budget clip ons around.

Mar 2, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #10 of 23
I was also going to suggest the AKG clip-ons, but also... i was at the November Head-Fi meet in Babylon,NY ... and Fang from Head Direct was there with a prototype of a clip-on headphone with an aluminum enclosure and these sounded exactly like a Sennheiser HD580. I compared them right there to eachother on the spot. He said they will be selling for around $100. Maybe if you contact him he can let you know if theyre available yet, if they seem like something you want.

Mar 2, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you talking about something like these?:
KSC75_1.jpg

i found that the ones that radioshack sell come with a volume controller built into the cable. in my opinion, it sounds slightly better without one. i was looking where i could find out without the volume controller, and i decided to get one from newegg. the one that i ordered from newegg didn't have the controller. i'm delighted.
tongue.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #14 of 23
I tried the B&O A8 a while ago and didn't like it.. Lacks too much in bass. I once saw this very expensive looking clip earphones I'll try to post the picture after searching for them.
Thanks for everyone's advise!

--------
OH!! Technica EW9 is actually what I was looking at!!! Thanks for the help guys!@!

Mar 2, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #15 of 23
I own the Audio-Technica EW9. Those are clip-ons and offer a very nice and detailed sound. Quite accurate and with an enormous soundstage. You can find more information here.

I use them for classical and jazz and it's perfect for those, but probably for a lot of other genres as well. Cannot recommend them too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back