Best clip-on earphones?
Mar 3, 2008 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTinux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own the Audio-Technica EW9. Those are clip-ons and offer a very nice and detailed sound. Quite accurate and with an enormous soundstage. You can find more information here.

I use them for classical and jazz and it's perfect for those, but probably for a lot of other genres as well. Cannot recommend them too much.

Cannot recommend them "too much", or do you mean " cant recommend them enough" ?

You like them alot?

They have detail and sound stage, but do they also have solid bass? I thought about getting a set,but wondered if they were worth the cost.

Mar 3, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #17 of 23
My vote goes to the ATH-EW9. I have compared them to the Koss model above.

Mar 1, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #19 of 23
Today I happened to finally join the "thank you rewards" network since my citibank statement kept saying how many points I earned every period.

I was surprised to find I had a little over 13,000 points. Needless to say I went straight to the audio department. There I saw the ATH EW9. I didn't have enough points to get it, but I have never tried anything Audio technica before, and this might be a good start.

I have added it to my wishlist. Here it is (hopefully I'll accumulate enough points before it goes back up in TY points):

https://rewards.thankyou.com/b2r/mer...&customDetail=

Mar 1, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hmm...
would a pair of portable phones work?
like the px100?
or you could try earphones. (like ibuds, but less crappy.)

If this was directed at me, it doesn't apply, as I am simply branching out to try other brands.

If this was directed at the OP, I'm afraid it might not apply any longer, as I resurrected a thread almost a year old while I searched info on the pair I mentioned.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:18 AM Post #22 of 23
Pioneer SE-EX9.

These are technically out of production, but you can still find a few units lying around every once in a while. They cost a bit upwards of USD 80.00, and are fairly good phones overall. I actually own a pair, and have had them for around six months or so. They're decent on first listen, but they really open up after a fairly long burn-in period. I reviewed them a while back, but being the newb that I am, I may have been perhaps a bit too eager to gloss over their shortcomings (they're the first decent pair of headphones I've ever owned).

For the heck of it, here's the aforementioned review:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/538684/pioneer-se-ex9-initial-impressions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back