CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 25, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #16,456 of 31,833
Clearly we hear this thing very different, and we don't have any other iems in common to compare with. And I don't mind of the price of an iem, when I have to make comparison I try to compare the "subject" with all I have, to make clear about what I am listening. I doubt I have a strange ex1000, and never says that you have wrong, neither that I am wrong, only we hear differently, apparently very very differently
Well, as always around head-fi, we can agree to disagree. You can also watch hawaiibadboy's review of the bie on youtube. He praises it but also for a $20 iem. He never compares it to his ex1000 or anything like this. If the bie was such an amazing giant killer he would have hyped it and mention it in other of his videos. I just don't get what you're hearing and the ex1000 sounds absolutely nothing like the bie. The reason why the ex1000 is so clear and spacious is not only the vented design but the very bright and aggressive sound and the bie is nothing like this. But as I said the subpar detail retrieval and separation aren't its biggest issues.

Feb 25, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #16,458 of 31,833
Hi guys, can you help me find some good Chinese IEM in this apparently giant mess that the chi-fi world is for a newcomer? :beyersmile:

I would like to pay not more than 30USD and I would like to have a "classic" IEM, not like the KZ shape, do you think it is possible? I was actually almost buying the KZ ZST, but then I decided to ask here if there are any better "classic iem shape" options out there, because they will be definitely more confortable for me. I do not like excessive amout of highs (I just couldn't stand 1More Triple I had) and I like bass but they must be controlled, I do not love to be overwhelmed by them. I like AD1000X sound signature (maybe with just a bit less bass roll off) in order to let you understand my tastes

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #16,459 of 31,833
Hi guys, can you help me find some good Chinese IEM in this apparently giant mess that the chi-fi world is for a newcomer? :beyersmile:

I would like to pay not more than 30USD and I would like to have a "classic" IEM, not like the KZ shape, do you think it is possible? I was actually almost buying the KZ ZST, but then I decided to ask here if there are any better "classic iem shape" options out there, because they will be definitely more confortable for me. I do not like excessive amout of highs (I just couldn't stand 1More Triple I had) and I like bass but they must be controlled, I do not love to be overwhelmed by them. I like AD1000X sound signature (maybe with just a bit less bass roll off) in order to let you understand my tastes

I'd put the TinAudio T2 near the top of your list.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #16,461 of 31,833
Thank you, I saw the T3 but they cost a bit too much for what I need, the T2 seems cheaper but didn't they have some highs problems? Like too much sharp highs?

Regular T2 doesn't have that problem. It is the T2 Pro that you're talking about.

Keep an eye out for sales. T2 can be found for around $30 if you are patient.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #16,462 of 31,833
Thank you, I saw the T3 but they cost a bit too much for what I need, the T2 seems cheaper but didn't they have some highs problems? Like too much sharp highs?

No, but the T2 Pro does.

Feb 25, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #16,464 of 31,833

The Moondrop Crescent sounds right up your alley.

Feb 25, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #16,465 of 31,833
-706668953-1884451779.jpg Just bought the TRN v30 curious how it will sound

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #16,466 of 31,833
Was thinking I finally receive my must waited ****, but well, its piezo too, its the NiceHCK N3!!

And its sure unique sounding....remind me more of being surround by vintage planar as I have...the Magnepan MG2A but plus a SUB! It really have great deepness to the sound and some crazy imaging too....man, for me its a keeper because its so unique..need more listen but this typeof sound experience cannot beeven achieve with 4-5-6 BA's im pretty sure. Its not at all like2 dynamic neither, the dynamic in there is something special as well. Hum, as said, soundstage is out of this world. Treble is different from what im use to, would say slightly bright but not real hurting hissing....metallic? No...''piezoic'' more likely. And yeah, its detailed...

I think I love them, its not your normal chifi iem for sure.

And at 55ohm they need power to shine no doubt about it, sound dull out of my Xduoo X3II.

Will share more impressions.

And pics?
P2250757.JPG P2250758.JPG P2250759.JPG P2250760.JPG

Feb 25, 2019 at 10:40 PM Post #16,467 of 31,833
Was thinking I finally receive my must waited ****, but well, its piezo too, its the NiceHCK N3!!

And its sure unique sounding....remind me more of being surround by vintage planar as I have...the Magnepan MG2A but plus a SUB! It really have great deepness to the sound and some crazy imaging too....man, for me its a keeper because its so unique..need more listen but this typeof sound experience cannot beeven achieve with 4-5-6 BA's im pretty sure. Its not at all like2 dynamic neither, the dynamic in there is something special as well. Hum, as said, soundstage is out of this world. Treble is different from what im use to, would say slightly bright but not real hurting hissing....metallic? No...''piezoic'' more likely. And yeah, its detailed...

I think I love them, its not your normal chifi iem for sure.

And at 55ohm they need power to shine no doubt about it, sound dull out of my Xduoo X3II.

Will share more impressions.

And pics?
Good to hear, I want this one.

Feb 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #16,470 of 31,833
I think I decided to go for cca c10 instead of kz as10. I hope I'll benefit deeper bass from Dynamic driver and better fit. Can anyone point me to some seller with fast shipping to Poland (there's no cca at Amazon, which would be perfect)? I need 2 pairs, but I know that only packedges up to 24 EUR (approx 27,27 usd ) are exempt from tax / customs so I need to buy twice or just pick 2 pairs and send message to seller that I need them to go separately because of taxes? (I was never buying via AE).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back