CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 7, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #27,541 of 31,831
I have both the Open Heart Resin and the Tiandirenhe td06 with the Bio-Driver. The TD06 has the same resin body as the Open Heart but to me the TD06 is a much better IEM in all respects. Bass has more definition and has more impact, mids are more natural with better timbre too. If you are going to choose between the two I would buy the Tiandirenhe, who are probably the OEM manufacturer of the Open Heart anyway.
Do the tuning nozzles that come with the TD06 actually make a difference, or is it just a gimmick?

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #27,542 of 31,831
Do you think a wide nozzle mod able to fix the congestion?
i remember reading in KZ thread that one dude do a wide bore nozzle mod on DQ6. didn't remember the result tough.
Unlikely, it's customized 30095 BA that CCA CSN is using, its pretty common BA for all Chi-fi series, it has its physical limit, whatever acoustic mod you could've done for tuning, it has the limit. Of which I believe CCA had done to tune the 30095 to its finest for CSN, thus far it can get.

you can find my post here describing the unit composition of notable sub$100 IEMs:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cca-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.900149/post-16217502

#30095 is almost universal BA for treble usage.

1617813703044.png

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #27,543 of 31,831
Do the tuning nozzles that come with the TD06 actually make a difference, or is it just a gimmick?
I haven't use the nozzles for quite some time....just using the one it came with. The little nozzles are very shallow and I do remember thinking they all sounded much the same. What I would say is the TD06 is a good IEM and looking at what has been said about the TD08 that seems really good too.

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:25 PM Post #27,544 of 31,831
I haven't use the nozzles for quite some time....just using the one it came with. The little nozzles are very shallow and I do remember thinking they all sounded much the same. What I would say is the TD06 is a good IEM and looking at what has been said about the TD08 that seems really good too.

The tuning nozzles on the Td08 do make a difference to my ears.. I settled for the blue one to calm the bass and give a more balanced quality sound overall.. Ymmv

Apr 7, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #27,545 of 31,831
64Ou9tw.jpg

Hey guys, I just unboxed the Kbear KS1 (CAD $25) and spent some time listening to them and A/B'ing with my other IEMs.

So finally as promised (@WendyLi ) here are my first impressions.

SOUND

Overall I'd describe the sound as warm v-shaped (or L-shaped).

Dunno what people are talking about with these having "hollow mids", that is simply the opposite case here. If you want an example of "hollow mids", listen to the TRN M10. The mids on the KS1 are clearly the star of the show. They are upfront, full-bodied and show excellent transparency throughout the entire mid-range.

The tonality of the mid-range is spot-on and honestly does not differ much from the mid-range on my $150 TRI I3. Personally I think KBear nailed it with the mids.

The low-end is obviously tuned towards fun and boasts an energetic mid-bass response that provides plenty of warmth to the sound without ever bleeding into the mids. The "shape" of the bass is leaning towards plump. EDM lovers will appreciate the bass on the KS1. Again, nothing to complain here.

Everything beyond the lows and mids, however, are mediocre. High-mids are clear and provide clarity to the sound, but their tonality becomes pretty harsh when you crank up the volume. Treble is there, but it is comparatively recessed and only provides rudimentary detail.

SEPERATION

Both instrument and frequency separation are actually so well done on here. The lows are very well separated from the mids, and the vocals are very well separated from other instruments that play within the tenor range.

SOUNDSTAGE

I was expecting a congested soundstage, but thankfully there is a noticeable sense of three-dimensional staging. It is that sort of spherical stage where sounds just float around your head. Not far-reaching, never "in-your-ear", but just floating a one or two inches away from your head. I think some people refer to this as a "nearfield" stage? Idk.

VERDICT

Overall I was not disappointed by the KS1. I'd rec them solely for the mids. Thankfully Kbear played it safe by avoiding any peaky treble and decided to go for a more bass and mid focused sound (which is what most casual users want). These are definitely not bad by any means, but because I am an old school chi-fier who hasn't listened to any of the latest budget chi-fi, I can't give any relevant verdict or comparison, at least for now. If there was anything Kbear should change though, it should be the price as currently CAD $25 isn't that competitive (within the Aliexpress chi-fi market). IMO it's better to lower the price than to improve the sound, because the sound is already acceptable enough for most casual users.

Thanks for the review! Will you make a video as well? :ksc75smile:

Apr 7, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #27,546 of 31,831
I'm still quite pleased with these Ms. Li :grin:

DiaMond 1.JPG

Apr 7, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #27,548 of 31,831
Apr 8, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #27,549 of 31,831
Apr 11, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #27,551 of 31,831
Sonata hd pro on the other hand, has no hissing issue. The only problem I face with it till now is that it doesn't play well with my smartphone! For example it doesn't drive my er4sr at all from my galaxy s10e! It does drive other low impedance iem though.

I know it's quite OT in this thread, but may I ask you which driving problems exactly do you have with S10e? Because I own the same smartphone and I am experiencing similar issues with Hidizs S9, so I would be curious to check if they could be related to output power of usb-c port.

To get back in topic, I just received Smabat NCO. I have been listening for very little time with them, first impression is that bass is too much in evidence for my tastes, but I will wait for more detailed comments.

Apr 11, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #27,552 of 31,831
I know it's quite OT in this thread, but may I ask you which driving problems exactly do you have with S10e? Because I own the same smartphone and I am experiencing similar issues with Hidizs S9, so I would be curious to check if they could be related to output power of usb-c port.

To get back in topic, I just received Smabat NCO. I have been listening for very little time with them, first impression is that bass is too much in evidence for my tastes, but I will wait for more detailed comments.
After a lengthy burn in the NCO becomes more balanced and the bass tightens up. Give it a bit of time.

Apr 11, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #27,553 of 31,831

It's a problem with the USB debugging of the galaxy s10e! I get sound once I restart, but the problem pop up after sometime! Then I noticed that my phone is exceptionally slow when I turn on the debugging. So it's a no no rn. I use the Sonata HD Pro with my MacBook pro exclusively now.

Apr 11, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #27,554 of 31,831
It's a problem with the USB debugging of the galaxy s10e! I get sound once I restart, but the problem pop up after sometime! Then I noticed that my phone is exceptionally slow when I turn on the debugging. So it's a no no rn. I use the Sonata HD Pro with my MacBook pro exclusively now.

I haven't tried the S10E, but I had some lower end phones previously that couldn't cope with the USB debugging function. Maybe for those phone models, the ram and memory/hardware isn't that great as to use the debugging function, but I have used the Sonata HD Pro on a few newer android phones without issues so far.

Apr 12, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #27,555 of 31,831
I haven't tried the S10E, but I had some lower end phones previously that couldn't cope with the USB debugging function. Maybe for those phone models, the ram and memory/hardware isn't that great as to use the debugging function, but I have used the Sonata HD Pro on a few newer android phones without issues so far.
I don't think the spec is the problem here, as it's the previous Samsung flagship! I guess it's because their software is not right smh. Hopefully it will be better after the next upgrade.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back