CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 16, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #15,421 of 31,833
Venturing into the audiophile field.

Purchased a Shanling M1.

Looking for a iem to pair it with.

$100 is my budget.

My genre of music: Jazz 80% of the time, Rock, Hip-Hop, Blues makes up the rest.

I have no idea what "signature" I like.

I am a user of iphone with iphone headphones.

Just looking for a little more than what I have now.

iBasso iT01 has stuck out like a sore thumb.

Would like to buy several "chi-fi" iems to get acquainted.

Thank you for the help!!
Want something very cheap that is ok (but not perfect) for jazz - get KZ ATE. It is soo cheap and smootish/airy sounding. It would work well as Your backup IEM.
CCA-C10 should also be good option for more money.
Now, from 100-150$ price bracket, I would go with winter sales in aliexpress and get Moondrop Kanas Pro for Jazz/blues/rock. For more low-end preference (sub-bass) regular Kanas.
Otherwise, staying in 100$ limit, IT01 is good too but not so spot-on fit for jazz/blues/rock as Kanas Pro as it is more V-shaped signature, but still clear detailed mids. It is pretty good all-arounder though.
But instead You, I would rather get something with more neutral signature with good mids for jazz/blues/rock.

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #15,422 of 31,833
Could you compare them to QT2, do they beat them, how do they differ.
So the QT2 are more bass focused while the C10 is more balanced throughout the frequency range. The QT2 tends to have more recessed mids and more prone to piercing treble. Basically the have a sharper V shaped sound. I would say if your like me and want something more balanced sounding then yes they beat them but each person has their own taste.

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #15,423 of 31,833
I am pretty easy going on how they are worn. I am more worried about how short the cord would be. Than anything else.

Cool.

In that case, I would wholeheartedly recommend the TinAudio T2 (not the Pro, but the regular one).

It can be worn up or down. Excellent sound. The tuning is well balanced, so nothing is really overpowering. Great build quality, great selection of eartips.

And the cable is a removable mmcx. The stock cable is a nice silver plated copper cable. But you can replace it with any other mmcx cable (fit example, if the stock cable goes bad, or to change cable properties such as length/color/conductor material/etc).

The price is roughly $50 when not on sale, and around $30-$35 when on sale.

It’s great for jazz and the other genres you mentioned.

You’re gonna be hard pressed to find anything better without spending a lot more.

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #15,424 of 31,833
My love of TRN IM1 do not fade away so I decide to write a review of them, for me these stand appart in lot of aspect first being the incredible construction and second the well calibrate sound that do not feel too V shape or too bright, just right for me. Now I have big hope for TRN futur products! A keeper for sure!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-im1.23532/

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #15,425 of 31,833
Cool.

In that case, I would wholeheartedly recommend the TinAudio T2 (not the Pro, but the regular one).

It can be worn up or down. Excellent sound. The tuning is well balanced, so nothing is really overpowering. Great build quality, great selection of eartips.

And the cable is a removable mmcx. The stock cable is a nice silver plated copper cable. But you can replace it with any other mmcx cable (fit example, if the stock cable goes bad, or to change cable properties such as length/color/conductor material/etc).

You’re gonna be hard pressed to find anything better without spending a lot more.

recommend this as well. T2 is well loved and great iem sub $50, or take the BQEYZ KB100

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #15,427 of 31,833
My love of TRN IM1 do not fade away so I decide to write a review of them, for me these stand appart in lot of aspect first being the incredible construction and second the well calibrate sound that do not feel too V shape or too bright, just right for me. Now I have big hope for TRN futur products! A keeper for sure!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-im1.23532/

Great review, I have a set somewhere in China waiting on something to go somewhere else...according to tracking info..LOL..TRN V80 was my first exposure to TRN Product line, using them now as I type in fact, and I was immediately impressed. Looking forward to future TRN releases.

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #15,428 of 31,833
Cool.

I'll second the T2, great choice at near neutral for Jazz. For Blues rock, spend the other $50 on the BQEYZ BQ3 with its W signature it does very well with blues rock and classic rock.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #15,429 of 31,833
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,431 of 31,833
Anyone using tin audio t2 with the trn bt20? I'm curious about the fit.
I tried wearing the T2s over ear with a normal cable, and didn't go that well. Can't imagine how bad of a fit it would be (at least for me) with something like the BT20, which is more limited to adjustment regarding the actual cable, in order to get a good fit. Haven't used it though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, and wait for someone that has actually tried it to give his impression.

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #15,434 of 31,833
I love my BQ3! Am I missing anything in line thats awesome, or is BQ3 the flagship or best sounding one in the bunch?

Jan 16, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #15,435 of 31,833
I tried wearing the T2s over ear with a normal cable, and didn't go that well. Can't imagine how bad of a fit it would be (at least for me) with something like the BT20, which is more limited to adjustment regarding the actual cable, in order to get a good fit. Haven't used it though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, and wait for someone that has actually tried it to give his impression.

You have to swap sides when wearing up. The fit will be much better :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back