CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #15,436 of 31,833
You have to swap sides when wearing up. The fit will be much better :wink:
I tried it mate, they are sticking out just too much. We have discussed it before :ksc75smile:. My ear anatomy is a little strange. The lower part is pretty shallow, and as a result the T2s, and anything with generally bigger housing that was not intended to be worn over ear, causes problems. (I cannot wear earbuds for example. The part that they normally catch on, is not deep enough to get a grip. That's why I suggested the other guy to wait for an actual impression, even though I think the BT20 will cause issues nonetheless, regardless the ear anatomy)

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #15,437 of 31,833
I tried it mate, they are sticking out just too much. We have discussed it before :ksc75smile:. My ear anatomy is a little strange. The lower part is pretty shallow, and as a result the T2s, and anything with generally bigger housing that was not intended to be worn over ear, causes problems. (I cannot wear earbuds for example. The part that they normally catch on, is not deep enough to get a grip. That's why I suggested the other guy to wait for an actual impression, even though I think the BT20 will cause issues nonetheless, regardless the ear anatomy)

Sorry, I have a short memory.

Wait, what were we taking about again?

Jan 16, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #15,438 of 31,833

Haha, obviously I am not expecting you to remember a conversation 3 weeks ago. I just mentioned it so that we don't discuss the same thing again, and get off-topic. I am now waiting those BK50, but I am looking again over those IM1s. At first some guys were a bit skeptical about their sound quality, but after reading a review, they might worth a shot. The design is gorgeous too.

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #15,439 of 31,833
I am debating between getting the KZ ZS7 or the BQEYZ BQ3. I was leaning towards the BQEYZ BQ3, but I am worried about fit issues and power requirements, plus I like the industrial look that the KZ have, plus it looks like they would fit better. Anybody that has one or/and both that could give me a quick impression out there?

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:38 PM Post #15,440 of 31,833
My BQ3s are the best iems I have, tied with C10 and BA10.....all day comfort for me with BQ3 and easy to drive. Both opposite to what you’ve been told but in my case very true. I don’t have 7s yet but they look similar to ZS5....those are comfortable also. The BQ3s really impressed me right off the bat and continue to sound excellent!

Jan 16, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #15,441 of 31,833

Man is that early onset Alzeimer's. What are you, like 34?

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #15,443 of 31,833
Where Am I.........

every.day.gif

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #15,444 of 31,833
Jan 16, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #15,445 of 31,833
I am debating between getting the KZ ZS7 or the BQEYZ BQ3. I was leaning towards the BQEYZ BQ3, but I am worried about fit issues and power requirements, plus I like the industrial look that the KZ have, plus it looks like they would fit better. Anybody that has one or/and both that could give me a quick impression out there?

My BQ3s are the best iems I have, tied with C10 and BA10.....all day comfort for me with BQ3 and easy to drive. Both opposite to what you’ve been told but in my case very true. I don’t have 7s yet but they look similar to ZS5....those are comfortable also. The BQ3s really impressed me right off the bat and continue to sound excellent!

I said that BQEYZ is one level above KZ in world of Chi-Fi, judge from technical abilities, soundstage, layering, imaging, depth, details. some KZ got more details but its like "forced details", just boost up 2.5 khz to perceive / manipulate crisp details but really prone from harshness and jumping spikes. I got like 5 or 6 KZs in the past and was impressed when i pulled trigger on BQEYZ KB100. and BQEYZ sounds more balanced. I choose KB100 for their mids, and its awesome for the price. It sounds very smooth and fine, like really you wont fine in any other sub $50 chi fi, which majority are either bright but harsh and hollow, or warm but bassy. I believe BQ3 is superior in technical abilities, but different signature. You will know once you have BQEYZ, what im talking about.

Man is that early onset Alzeimer's. What are you, like 34?

hes joking lol

I don’t remember!

LOL

Jan 16, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #15,446 of 31,833
Venturing into the audiophile field.

Purchased a Shanling M1.

Looking for a iem to pair it with.

$100 is my budget.

My genre of music: Jazz 80% of the time, Rock, Hip-Hop, Blues makes up the rest.

I have no idea what "signature" I like.

I am a user of iphone with iphone headphones.

Just looking for a little more than what I have now.

iBasso iT01 has stuck out like a sore thumb.

Would like to buy several "chi-fi" iems to get acquainted.

Thank you for the help!!
Like others have said, Tin Audio T2 is the one to get for Jazz and the like. It's not perfect as there's bass roll-off so the sub-bass is not that great.

As you want to get to know your signature preference, I'd suggest to get KZ ZSN along with the T2; it has mild V-shape and more fun tuning. Other option are one of the BQEYZes. I have KB100 and they sound more refined than the T2; it has a bit of bass boost.

Jan 17, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #15,447 of 31,833
Thanks for all the advice. I actually have the KB100 and the ZSN, so I wanted to continue exploring the higher offerings from thses companies. My worry is also that they might be too similar to the KB100, and therefore unnecessary. But I am still intrigued, but also want to get only one right now, so I was debating which one I should pull the trigger on.

Jan 17, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #15,448 of 31,833
Thanks for all the advice. I actually have the KB100 and the ZSN, so I wanted to continue exploring the higher offerings from thses companies. My worry is also that they might be too similar to the KB100, and therefore unnecessary. But I am still intrigued, but also want to get only one right now, so I was debating which one I should pull the trigger on.

If you already have BQEYZ KB100, then save your money to buy upper level iems on $100-$300 tier. For me, KB100 is one of the best i can get from sub$50 tier iems.
you can compared with ZSN for example, soundstage wise, smoothness, no harshness, no peaks, details, imaging, etc. ZSN won on fit, cable, and design though for me.

as for T2, sound signature is quite similar to KB100 without bass. yes, without bass, the bass is rolled off much compared to KB100. same forward mids, treble extension only a little bit better on T2, soundstage wise, wide and depth are lost to KB100. T2 won the naturalness by a bit from KB100, like strings, guitar, piano instruments, very natural timbre. Not much different though but more natural on T2.
From my suggestion, you can save your your money and buy upper tier iems that can bring you another level of enjoyment. Grab IT01s / Kanas Pro / DM6 / TSMR-3 some time later, unless you want to add your sub $50 collections.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #15,449 of 31,833
If you already have BQEYZ KB100, then save your money to buy upper level iems on $100-$300 tier. For me, KB100 is one of the best i can get from sub$50 tier iems.
you can compared with ZSN for example, soundstage wise, smoothness, no harshness, no peaks, details, imaging, etc. ZSN won on fit, cable, and design though for me.

as for T2, sound signature is quite similar to KB100 without bass. yes, without bass, the bass is rolled off much compared to KB100. same forward mids, treble extension only a little bit better on T2, soundstage wise, wide and depth are lost to KB100. T2 won the naturalness by a bit from KB100, like strings, guitar, piano instruments, very natural timbre. Not much different though but more natural on T2.
From my suggestion, you can save your your money and buy upper tier iems that can bring you another level of enjoyment. Grab IT01s / Kanas Pro / DM6 / TSMR-3 some time later, unless you want to add your sub $50 collections.
Oh, I just want to add to my collection. I already own IEMs between the $100-$300 range, in fact I also own the T2. I have the RHA T20, the Kinera IDUN, the Shozy Hibiki, UE Triple Fi10, etc. I am just on a Chi fi kick right now.

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:52 AM Post #15,450 of 31,833
Oh, I just want to add to my collection. I already own IEMs between the $100-$300 range, in fact I also own the T2. I have the RHA T20, the Kinera IDUN, the Shozy Hibiki, UE Triple Fi10, etc. I am just on a Chi fi kick right now.
Well, all my sub-50 chi-fi are not that dissimilar. The offering in the $50-$100 range seems pretty scarce too, might jump to >$100 all the way.

I personally interested in the banned brand triple driver (recently discussed in the other thread) because it seems that it puts something different on to the table for the price range. Other item I also interested in is the MoonDrop Crescent or Aria (said to be Harman-neutral?).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back